I'd like feedback on my article: 17 Health Benefits of Cayenne Pepper

1. Chuck Bluestein profile image63
    Chuck Bluesteinposted 4 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article 17 Health Benefits of Cayenne Pepper. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 weeks ago

I'm guessing you've been away for a while and you're not up to date with the changes to the rules, Chuck.

The quickest way to bring yourself up to speed is to read my Hub on The Basic Rules (on the slider on my profile).  it covers all the rules as they are today, and you'll soon see how they're different.

The biggest change is in the rules about Amazon.  If you want to include an Amazon product, it must be directly relevant to the title of your Hub.   Your book meets that criteria, BUT you must also say why you are personally recommend that product.   The rules say you must have used or owned the product - or at least, your wording must make it sound like you have done so wink

The capsules probably don't meet the criteria, because they're a mix of ingredients (not just cayenne).

An Amazon product that breaks the rules is enough to get your Hub rejected, so that may be the only problem.  However I would also suggest getting rid of any bolded words (other than headings). 

Also, the half-width capsules are being discontinued so you'd be best not to use them.  They will automatically become full width when the half-width capsules disappear, but they may not display where you want them to.

Finally, a word on Headings.  Every capsule has space for a heading, but in most cases you won't use it. Those headings are coded as major section headings, so putting a heading on every photo and video capsule confuses Google.   Use captions on photos instead of titles, and in most cases videos have a title on the video itself so you don't need anything else.

working