jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

One of my HubPages articles is stolen and published on another website

1. Atanas Yonkov profile image85
    Atanas Yonkovposted 2 months ago

Hi guys, I need help what to do.

I noticed that one of my articles that I wrote 23 november 2017 was published here 1 December 2017, word by word, without my consent.

I tried to contact the webmaster by email, however, it appears that the provided email is not correct.

The user associated with this website has an account in HubPages, nicknamed Mir Ariif. The guy commented on my article 1 December and then published my article without my knowledge and permission to do so. I see that in the meantime, his account was banned from HubPages.

What makes things worse, when i search for my article in Google, I can see his website, however the original HubPages post is nowhere to be found. Please advise what I should do. I would like that the original article from Huppages appears in google and not the fake one. Here is the link to my original article:
    https://hubpages.com/technology/Top-5-A … xpert-User

Please advise what I should do so the correct link appears in google.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image50
      Miebakagh57posted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Sorry Atanas. It has happened to others. But it is very unfortunate.
      Some hubbers or writers are lazy and thief.
      They have not really experienced hard work.
      You may be the copy right owner. But hubpages also said hubbers should legally registered the copyright. Ido not know whether it should be done online.
      I am very sorry that your good work get stolen by a fellow hubber.

2. theraggededge profile image100
    theraggededgeposted 2 months ago

First of all, don't post links to the infringing site here. It gives it a quality backlink.

Secondly, go to a site called whois.com, type in the infringing URL and find out who the web host is. Go to their main site and look for a link for Abuse. It might be under Contact. Then fill in and submit your complaint as per their instructions.

1. Atanas Yonkov profile image85
      Atanas Yonkovposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Thank you, I will do so! I I already removed the infringing site link.

1. wilderness profile image97
        wildernessposted 2 months agoin reply to this

HP gives a template to follow when filing that DMCA.  Follow it closely as there are certain things that MUST be included to make it legal.

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image80
    LoisRyan13903posted 2 months ago

I have had that problem in the past and went to the sites that stole my article.  I contacted the owner and it was removed within 24 hours.

working