jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

I Jus Made a Huge Mistake

1. kenneth avery profile image85
    kenneth averyposted 8 weeks ago

Okay. It's Dec. 20. 3:23 p.m.
    I am so, so sorry. I am serious. In every instance throughout my life, when failing, falling, or just screwing up royally, I have felt my heart break . . .and just now, 19 minutes ago, my heart broke a little bit wider. A few days ago I fold my Followers that I was going to take off Two Weeks for Christmas and New Year's Day.
    Without thinking, I wrote and published a hub, "Another Day at the Beach," and usually, when I write a hub, I then read it and eventually hate it. I then edit it severely and then if it's decent, I publish it. I did none of these things a few minutes ago and for this error, sweet Followers, Forgive me. I made a Huge Mistake. I am sorry. I will try to own my Being Off for the Remainder of the upcoming two weeks ad wish for you a Happy, Safe CHRISTmas and a Safe New Year.
    Love You All . . .KENNETH

1. sallybea profile image99
      sallybeaposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

Why would you worry about that?  Everyone is entitled to change their mind, sometime.  Publish whenever you feel like it.  Nothing is cast in stone.  Have a great Christmas and don't stress too much, life is meant to be simple and beautiful.

1. kenneth avery profile image85
        kenneth averyposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

smile sallybea -- thanks so much, but as Jodah said, which I agree, I do like to keep my word, but the minute that I hit PUBLISH NOW on that Beach hub, a wave of embarrassment hit me and I could not stop it.
        Live and learn, huh?
        Love you all. And look? Even this reply is proof of what I was trying NOT to do. I do need help.

2. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

I'm sorry too, for there will naught but coal in your stocking this year.  Try to do better next year.  smile

You and yours have a Very Merry Christmas, Ken.

3. faith-hope-love profile image80
      faith-hope-loveposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

Kenneth I have just come over to Ireland about a month back after speaking to Santa at the North Pole and he has assured me he allows one mistake over the year and will tend to ignore them. He said that unfortunately we are all human and do tend to screw up from time to time. So chin up my friend Santa is still coming maybe with one piece of coal but there will be other gifts as well. Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.  John W

4. MizBejabbers profile image89
      MizBejabbersposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

Gee Kenneth, this is serious. Is there a local chapter of Hubpagers Anonymous that you could join. I'm sure they would have 12 steps to help you get your groove back. Merry Christmas, my dear friend. Enjoy your hiatus.

2. Terrielynn1 profile image93
    Terrielynn1posted 8 weeks ago

Kenneth my friend there is no need to be sorry. We all change our minds sometimes. I can't wait for your next article. Relax and take a breath,  no need to stress.

1. k@ri profile image91
      k@riposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

I agree with sallybea and Terrielynn1.  smile

2. kenneth avery profile image85
      kenneth averyposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

smile terrielynn -- thank you so much for your support. And thanks to: Kari; Jodah; and anyone else whom saw my original forum post. Now to get some rest. Merry CHRISTmas, Fabulous Followers!

3. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 8 weeks ago

Kenneth,
    Don't stress it. I know you like to keep your word, but hey you are a writer! You can't fight your muse when inspiration strikes. We all understand. Have a great time off, and don't worry if you feel the urge to publish in the meantime. Your followers won't mind...really.smile

4. Khaleesi18 profile image60
    Khaleesi18posted 8 weeks ago

I agree with the bit were you said you need help smile

5. Kenna McHugh profile image86
    Kenna McHughposted 8 weeks ago

You are a writer, enjoy it. Think if you were a mechanic...you installed a new radiator and forgot to qualify your work and didn't add water to the thing. Oh boy, then you'd really be sorry.
    With writing, you can repair anything. No harm was done. Happy Holidays.

working