jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Doubts about articles

1. hootingowl profile image84
    hootingowlposted 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, is it true that my views of my own articles are included in the stats? If so, how do I even identify external traffic? Also could you please tell me how long does it take for a featured article to get accepted by google for its search engine?
    Thanks!

2. daydreams profile image99
    daydreamsposted 2 weeks ago

Yes it is. If you look at the referrers on the stats you can see if you are getting hits from outside hubpages which should give you an idea.
    Also you will probably know roughly how many times you have looked at your own hub?

I would wait at least a few days to see if articles get picked up in Google, but sometimes it can take longer (and sometimes some articles just never seem to get far in searches)

hootingowlposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks daydreams! Much obliged.

2. EricFarmer8x profile image96
      EricFarmer8xposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

I know my views are being counted as I am the only person on Linux viewing my hubs.

3. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

My advice would be, relax and don't worry about it.  Remember, to make money on HubPages you need thousands of views (you'll make $2 to $5 per thousand views), so it's really not worth worrying about half a dozen of your own views, is it?

Once a Hub is featured, it should be indexed on Google quite quickly - however it can take weeks or months for it to rank well enough to show up on the front page of Google. An experienced writer once said to me, "What you write this month will make you money next year", and that's a good way to look at it.

4. hootingowl profile image84
    hootingowlposted 2 weeks ago

Thank you! Also I wrote this article on cash flow statement and I got a suggestion that it might contain affiliate links. But it is purely an accounting topic. It has been marked pending for about 3 days now. Should I make any changes to it?

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Where did you see that suggestion?

After completing the article, I pressed publish and immediately a red suggestion came up below the publish button. In my stats page it just says pending and there has been no change. Am I supposed to make any changes to the article?

OK, then you need to go back through the article and check all your links.  One of them is a problem. If you want to paste the links here, we can advise.

The thing is I have placed no links in it. The only external parts of the article are the images which I have uploaded from a free pictures website called Pexels.
            https://hubpages.com/business/How-to-va … r-business
            Thats the link to my article. The suggestion says it seems to be about affiliate programs.

Ok here is the complete message the page displays:
                  CONTENT WARNING: This article appears to be about affiliate programs

It appears that this article might be about dubious affiliate programs, a topic which has become saturated with low-quality articles published by affiliate marketers. Because of this, articles written on this topic must be of exceptional quality and can not contain affiliate links, or links that point to sales or lead forms. Articles that don't comply with our rules can be unpublished. However, high-quality, informative articles without affiliate, sales or lead form links on this topic are welcome!

This article has been submitted for publication, and will be published once it has been reviewed by the administrator.

It sounds as though something you've written in the article has triggered an automated filter. 

You don't need to link to Pexels if you've used their photos, so remove those links. You don't even need to mention Pexels although it's polite to do so.

Thanks Marisa. You are amazing. Thank you for taking the time and clarifying my doubts!

Fingers crossed that it helps

working