jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

A Great Explanation of HubPages Moderation - And It Still Applies

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 weeks ago

Those old forum posts at the bottom of the forums are usually irritating, but I  found this gem from Simone Smith which, even after all this time, does a better job of explaining the reasons behind HubPages' moderator standards than anything the current staff have said:

https://hubpages.com/community/forum/74 … ost1611861

Simone was such a great communicator!

1. kenneth avery profile image85
      kenneth averyposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

@Marisa and Jan . . .a Sincere Happy New Year to you both. May you be blessed of God with health, happiness, and peace.
      Kenneth

1. janshares profile image96
        jansharesposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Same to you, Ken. Peace.

@janshares --- Peace, and thank you. (not a play on words).
          and @Marisa . . .Happy New Year to You also and all of My Sweet Followers. smile

1. sallybea profile image99
            sallybeaposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Happy New Year Kenneth, I hope you are feeling well and refreshed from your break with the family.

@sallybea smile --- thank you so much for the warm wish. I have had a great Christmas and New Year's celebrations and I have until Monday to rest-up and get back on the "HubPages Trail." My best to You and Everyone on Hubpages.

2. sallybea profile image99
      sallybeaposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Simone was just the best and is sorely missed.   She was a great communicator with a wonderful sense of humor.

2. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 6 weeks ago

So efficient. She was the best. I do miss her popping in and out of every forum to answer questions and moderate conflicts. She was such a good person. I guess we should let newer hubbers/writers know she left a couple years ago to pursue her own writing site . . . she's alive and well. We just miss her. smile

1. Venkatachari M profile image56
      Venkatachari Mposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks, Jan..., for letting us know about this great personality on our site.
      BTW, Wish you and all our hubber friends, including those who left, a Very Happy New Year.

3. Kenna McHugh profile image86
    Kenna McHughposted 6 weeks ago

How wonderful to see an appreciation of former members.

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

She was a staff member, one of the moderators.  As Jan says, she has moved on to other projects now.  She was one of HubPages' greatest assets, IMO.

1. Venkatachari M profile image56
        Venkatachari Mposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks for this nice appreciation of an ex-member of our community.

I would pay cash money to just be thought of in the same breath as Simone. Or Marisa. Either one. I am just being honest. I am very grateful to be a small part of HubPages and Love the people with this fine website.
          smile to all.

2. kenneth avery profile image85

@Kenna -- did you read Marisa's description about Simone? Her comment spoke to me and I can share this with you and everyone here on HP. I would pay cash money to just be thought of in the same breath as Simone. Or Marisa. Either one. I am just being honest. I am very grateful to be a small part of HubPages and Love the people with this fine website.
      smile to all.

4. bloggermelive profile image88
    bloggermeliveposted 6 weeks ago

I agree with Kenna. Writing is not an easy life and it's great to see that work keeps giving.

working