jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Quote of the Day - Mahatma Gandhi

1. Kenna McHugh profile image86
    Kenna McHughposted 12 days ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13857182_f1024.jpg
    “Of all the evils for which man has made himself responsible, none is so degrading, so shocking or so brutal as his abuse of the better half of humanity; the female sex.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

1. Coffeequeeen profile image83
      Coffeequeeenposted 12 days agoin reply to this

That's very true and wise words.

Kenna McHughposted 12 days agoin reply to this

Gandhi was an extraordinary being. Amazing man. He said so many true and wise words.

2. Dabby Lyric profile image81
    Dabby Lyricposted 11 days ago

Hello Kenna,

I couldn't agree more!  Women/girls have suffered something awful in this male dominated world and I Hate it!  The way the female gender has been treated is simply Disgusting!  Without US, humanity would die off completely!  Sadly, humanity has been dying off slowly but surely.

Some cultures have been indoctrinated to HATE women!  I personally think it goes back to the Bible days.  There's no question that Biblical Books such as the Bible were written by man.  It's also safe to say that these books could have been doctored in some way to brainwash the masses to their way of thinking.  If you already have a disdain for women, then you'll easily gravitate to these ideas/ideals.

I  am a Christian woman and I follow Christ's teachings.  I don't mean to make your post about religion but as I began to respond, my Spirit has pointed me in this direction.  People see what they want to see no matter what the original intent was behind an idea/ideal.  I'm open-minded enough to see people's objections of Christianity.  At the same time, I'm FREE enough to THINK for myself and not just go along with the program without being objective.

Hope I didn't steer to far away from the integrity of your original post.

Kenna McHughposted 11 days agoin reply to this

No worries. To my understanding, Christianity is based on faith. How can one argue about faith? Religion helps the spirit heal and seek rehabilitation.
      The Bible is an interpretation of events and stories, rewritten throughout the centuries. Though some religions say the Bible condemns women as evil or bad influence, I do not agree. Women are very important in our community as you know.  We are nurturing, caring, and wise.

3. Miebakagh57 profile image53
    Miebakagh57posted 11 days ago

Hi Kenna M, I agreed with you. But christianity is based more on the life and teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ.
    As you say, women are important. I have not see where they are condemned in the bible even during the ministry of Jesus. Women seems to be his best friends.
    But have you notice that other religions like Islam, Hindu, etc have no importance place for women?
    Thank you.

Hi!
      I have not studied Islam or Hindu. I cannot comment on how they treat women.  In regards to Christianity, the monks copied the scripture. They were men, thus the male influence on the Bible.

4. Venkatachari M profile image56
    Venkatachari Mposted 11 days ago

Miebakagh, you shouldn't comment like that without knowing anything. All religions respect women in their own way. None is against women.

We, Hindus respect our women as mothers and sisters. You must know that there were great personalities among women also since an immemorable history of India. Great Seers, Scientists, Queens and nowadays, sports champions, politicians, entrepreneurs, techies and what not.

One should not go at the exceptional cases of hate or disrespect and make a general conclusion.

5. Venkatachari M profile image56
    Venkatachari Mposted 11 days ago

Kenna, I appreciate your broadmindedness in quoting great leaders like Mahatma Gandhi to emphasize the value and importance of women in our lives. I value women as equal to men (if not more than men) in all respects of life.

Hi,
      Thank you for your comments. I am happy you appreciate Gandhi's quote. He was an amazing man.

working