jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Star Wars Clone Trooper Costume

1. parrster profile image83
    parrsterposted 5 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Star Wars Clone Trooper Costume. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks ago

Great Hub.  The problem is your links.  You have a link to a Hub about garage sales.  Garage sales have nothing to do with making costumes, so that's an irrelevant link.  Not allowed.

With Amazon products, usually you must choose a specific brand of the product AND say why you're recommending that particular brand.  Therefore your Amazon links might be a problem.  However, I've seen other craft Hubs where the writer has got away with linking to the components needed, so they might be OK. 

I'd suggest taking out the garage link first and see if it gets through.  If not, try removing one of the Amazon links and try again.  If it's possible to upgrade one or more of the Amazon links to include a short recommendation (e.g. "I like ... glue because ...."), then do that too.

parrsterposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks Marisa. I'll try that.

3. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 5 weeks ago

From the title I figured this was going to be another article hawking a Star Wars costume. I was impressed by your ability to build this at home, so I would make the title reflect that so that it is more likely to be chosen when it comes up on the search engines. I am not trying to write for you, but how about "How to make an awesome star wars trooper costume at home".
    Whatever, you must be a great dad to put this together instead of just going out and buying something at the store.

parrsterposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks DrMark. That's good advise. Appreciated.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

I should've picked that up, too.  Always make sure your title tells the reader what the Hub is about.

4. parrster profile image83
    parrsterposted 5 weeks ago

Thanks Marisa

working