jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

HubPages Score Decreases

1. JR Cuevas profile image35
    JR Cuevasposted 6 weeks ago

I keep on writing hubs for the last few days but why is my HubPages score constantly decreasing?

1. charlesnuamah profile image98
      charlesnuamahposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Hello JR Cuevas,
      The key to getting a high hubber score is to write original high quality content that isn't found all over the net. I looked at some of your articles and it looks like a lot of sites have already covered them. So that might be the problem.

2. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Every time you add a new article your average score decreases. That's normal. However, neither hubberscore or hubscore mean anything significant. Ignore them and focus on writing high quality articles.

3. charlesnuamah profile image98
      charlesnuamahposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

It's funny that the people who tell others to ignore hubber scores are usually those with high hubber scores.

1. theraggededge profile image100
        theraggededgeposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Isn't it? That's often because we take our own advice.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

I've always thought the profile's score had to do with total use of the website. Yes, as was mentioned, having high scoring content is probably the single best thing towards having a very high score. The other things are commenting the work that interests you, and using the forums.

Years ago when the score was super important to me, I always knew that if I wanted to raise my score a few points easily, all I had to do was answer a few questions in the Q&A. Obviously that section is now dead, and so I would assume using the forums, as you are doing, would equate to that sort of boost.

I care about increasing my earnings, not my score. But to increase my earnings I have to come up with terrific and original content, which increases my score.

working