jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Does hub want us to use wordpress?

1. Princess Kari profile image59
    Princess Kariposted 8 years ago

hey,

so i'm wondering about this wordpress thing that i see everywhere. are we meant to use it with our hubs

2. girly_girl09 profile image80
    girly_girl09posted 8 years ago

Nope. smile It's a completely separate website from Hubpages. I currently use it for my blog. It's a really great blog program. Wordpress is one of the most popular blog programs, along with Google's Blogger.com.

I use my Wordpress blog to post links to my hubpages on, but it is not necessary to do so.

3. Princess Kari profile image59

ok i saw it but realised that hub was a better option for me as far as making money was concerned. i do love the templates on wordpress though

4. girly_girl09 profile image80
    girly_girl09posted 8 years ago

HubPages is much better to earn from. I can't even monetize my WordPress blog because I use the free version. You can use Adsense on Blogspot, though (since google owns it, I guess!)

5. Princess Kari profile image59

it depends which wordpress you use i think, but the earnings on hub are the most possible to get i think, because the site already has the traffic you need

6. Kudlit profile image75
    Kudlitposted 8 years ago

If you're just starting with online publishing, Hubpages is definitely the best place to start. It has a very strong community and the search engines love it. You'll get plenty of encouragement. You'll need a lot of that.

About Wordpress, you must recognize the difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org.

Wordpress.com is where you can get a free blog. Wordpress.com will provide you with the platform and also host your blog. Adsense is not allowed here.

Wordpress.org is where you download the blogging software if you want to install it in your own host. You can use Adsense since it will be your own website.

7. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Wordpress is a blogging platform that you can blog on for free. Either use their website or set it up on a personal domain, your choice.

It's one way to get more viewers to your hubs if you can get a good readership on your blog, but if you already have an existing blog, there's no need to set up a new one, unless you just want to.

working