How do you handle rude comments on your hubs?

1. profile image49
    tinkerbell09posted 8 years ago

How do you handle rude comments on your hubs?

I've written 4 hubs, only one comment was left on my most recent one and it had to be rude.  He/she was talking about my English being bad, but the guy didn't spell out his own words.  I don't know if he was trying to be funny, but he/she just seemed dumb to me.  I want to know if you've encountered a situation similar and how you handled it.

2. Dale Mazurek profile image72
    Dale Mazurekposted 8 years ago

I don't think people are being rude but rather constructive.

I have been told about my spelling and many other things.  I take it as advice.  There are a lot of brilliant people here so dont get defensive but rather be thankful.

These people's advice will only make you a better writer.  If you cant handle some criticism then you are at the wrong place.

I have also had a lot of very positive comments.

Now I just take a little longer when writing a hub.

At the end of the day its all worth it.

3. profile image49
    tinkerbell09posted 8 years ago

Dale Mazurek:

If you check under my profile under the only hub that received a comment, you can see for yourself that it was not a constructive comment at all.  They said they couldn't understand my English, but I can understand it just fine.  Then they wanted to know where I was from.  What's that got to do with the article?  If it doesn't make sense, then tell me why it doesn't make sense so I could fix it.

I don't mind constructive critisism.  It doesn't bother me to say "you should have put a comma here", "you spelled this word wrong", "you should do more research before you write", that tells me I'm not paying attention and not checking my work properly and I can work on that.  But just to say "I don't understand your English and where are you from" and to put it into a cell text form, that's  not constructive to me.  Tell me what you don't understand and I will rewrite it. Make me work.  Make me focus.  Make me tell you something good.  But don't try to be rude and discourage me from writing, cause its not going to work. 

Thank you for the incouragement though Dale Mazurek, that was very constructive.

Closed to reply

working