How do I include a link within the text of my hub?

1. NYMiskovic profile image69
    NYMiskovicposted 8 years ago

How do I include a link within the text of my hub?

I have read numerous hub where a word is highlighted/underlined and when you click on it, it will take you to another hub or an outside website.  How is this done?  I am specifically looking to link to my other hubs and provide outside resources (not to sell or promote anything!)  Thanks ; )

2. Greyer profile image72
    Greyerposted 8 years ago

It is actually pretty easy. When you edit/write your text there is a menu with symbols (where the (B)old, (I) talic and (U)nderline buttons are) above your text. On the right side of that menu, next to the Omega symbol, there is an icon that looks like a chain. All you have to do is select the word (or phrase) you wish to use for the link to your articles and click on that Chain symbol. A new Window will open asking you for a Link URL, where you can type (or copy paste) the address of the page you wish to link to. You can also use the dropdown menu to link to one of your other hubs, all you have to do is select it from the menu. After you have entered the URL (or selected the Hub) you wish to link to press the Insert button. All done! yikes)

3. thesleepingman profile image60
    thesleepingmanposted 8 years ago

All you have to do is highlight the word(s) you wish to create a link from, then the chain link symbol should suddenly become available to you in the tool bar beside the Omega symbol. Click on it do as it asks then voila you just created an in-text link.

working