jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is hubpages cheating with regard to your referral ?

1. free4india profile image58
    free4indiaposted 8 years ago

Is hubpages cheating with regard to your referral ?

"Visitors must sign-up with HubPages within 30 days."

What does this sentence mean?  Does that mean that if you put a link in some forum and if someone logs in after 30 days using your referral, then you do not get the credit even if user signs using the link you provided ??

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 8 years ago

This means that if someone clicks on your referral link and comes to HubPages and signs up within 30 days of clicking your link, then you'll get credit.

Two sources of information about the HubPages affiliate program.
    http://hubpages.com/faq/#affiliate
    http://hubpages.com/tour/affiliate/

3. free4india profile image58
    free4indiaposted 8 years ago

@Paul Edmonson... Thanks.  But what happens after 30 days ?

I mean no offense to hubpages, but then I felt doubts are best cleared in the open and understand views of others who had the doubt but never asked...

err... hmmm fools rush in where angles dare to tread...

well somebody had to be the fool... so in this case it is me sad

4. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 8 years ago

If the person you referred creates an account within 30 days of clicking on your link, then you get 10% of their ad impressions on all of their hubs forever. The only thing that matters is when their account was created. If they click on your link but don't create an account for a long time, for example if they come back on their own (not via your link) two months later and create an account, then you don't get credit for signing them up.

5. DancingRedFeather profile image58
    DancingRedFeatherposted 8 years ago

That is ridiculous..it should be whenever they click on your referral address they should be credited to you..well if that is the case I'm not interested in sending to all my friends..which would me I would lose money if they passed 30 days..

6. Susana S profile image98
    Susana Sposted 8 years ago

I think it's a reasonable timelength and most affiliate programs are the same. Can you imagine for instance Amazon saying that they would credit you with sales forever just from a click?

working