jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you censor yourself on Hubpages because you are afraid of offending people?

1. EJF PRO profile image60
    EJF PROposted 8 years ago

Do you censor yourself on Hubpages because you are afraid of offending people?

I sometimes hold back, especially on religious content because I don't want someone holding a grudge and doing something to affect my hubscore. Is that just paranoid?

2. freepropertycheck profile image54
    freepropertycheckposted 8 years ago

No, there is a tactful way of saying the truth, or what you feel is the truth.

3. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

If you have seen any of my answers here, you will see that I hold little back.  Especially about the stupidity of religions (Christianity, Islam...) and the religious wackos here, and bimbettes with their "need to breed" and unwillingness to ABORT, whether or not they are psychologically or financially able to care for their spawn.

I am more afraid of HubPages itself banning me because of "politically correct" reasons than I am about my HubScore being voted down by other Hubbers disagreeing with what I have to say.

4. A M Werner profile image60
    A M Wernerposted 8 years ago

Being what 'dabeaner' might refer to as a 'religious wacko', I realize that the truth itself is a stumblingblock and rock of offense.  My hubs are religious in nature and will offend some no matter how tactful it is presented.
    And for 'debeaner', remember that our forefather and ancestors going all the way back in time had no assurances or finances to always properly care for their young.  Life was a struggle and they knew it and if not for their strength, faith and courage to press on and have children anyway, some if not all of us may not be here today.
    Western civilization today is one of the first anti-faith cultures ever.  Many might take offense to that, so be it - the truth is still the truth.

5. dishyum profile image55
    dishyumposted 8 years ago

What censor, just make sure you are not violating the HubPages TOS. That is quite enough.

6. Pearldiver profile image80
    Pearldiverposted 8 years ago

The Very Best way of Censoring Yourself is:
    Make Sure that you do not breach the TOS on this site and;
    Equally Important; When you are writing hubs or posting in the forums, Make Sure that you know what you are talking about on the subjects that you tackle.
    In that way you will always gain from traffic and become known for not making Irrelevant Comments or SubStandard Hubs.
    Other than that; be yourself and enjoy the community.