jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Marisa, Ive found creative commons and have found some wonderful photos-

1. salt profile image72
    saltposted 8 years ago

Marisa, Ive found creative commons and have found some wonderful photos-

I seem to be finding it difficult to download or how to upload it . - hubpages asks for a URL and if I save a link to my computer, it goes back to the flickr page, I thank you for telling me about creative commons, and I would really appreciate your assistance as to how I get the photo to my hubpage. (()). Again, thanks, if not, Ill ask in the forum.

2. salt profile image72
    saltposted 8 years ago

I think ive worked it out, saved to computer in jpeg and then add attribution. Thanks so much. If theres a better way, would love to know.

3. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Salt,so sorry - this question didn't come up in my profile for some reason.

To use a Flickr photo without saving it on your computer:

Right-click on the photo and choose "copy image location".

Now go to the photo capsule in HubPages, select "URL" and paste.

Hit upload, add a caption if you like, and save.

Note you have to right click the photo to get the URL of the photo itself - it's not the same as the page the photo is on.

And for those reading this answer without knowing the background - you can use some photos from Flickr but not others. Use the Advanced Search, click "Creative Commons" and "for commercial use" and you'll get a list of photos you can legally use, provided you thank the author with a link in your Hub.

4. mercuryservices profile image80
    mercuryservicesposted 4 years ago

Here's a good creative commons site---> http://freecreativecommonsphotos.com
    No watermarks and all that is required is a link back to the site.

working