10 million views.... do you make a living from the Hub?

1. aguasilver profile image79
    aguasilverposted 8 years ago

10 million views.... do you make a living from the Hub?

Obviously with that many views one would expect that you can live from these hubs, but is that true?

2. profile image49
    fraziertlposted 8 years ago

I know that some people can, but I have not made a dime, and I have signed up to Kontera Google Adsence, and I still am waiting for a check.

3. spirituality profile image60
    spiritualityposted 7 years ago

On places like hubpages and squidoo you'll generally find a few people who make a decent amount of money off them and a LOT who do not.

For me hubpages is only a sideshow, so I don't make much money out of it. However, my adsense check does pay my rent and my squidoo income covers most of my living expenses (that's including amazon sales and other affiliate income). That's mostly adsense from my own sites btw, not hubpages.

In general, if you want to make a living online, you should look beyond adsense and kontera, into affiliate programs. Start with amazon and ebay, since that's made easy by hubpages. But once you know what sells, you should definitely try targeted affiliate programs that sell just what you're generally selling. The percentage to take home is generally much larger than amazon gives.

Since linking out is such an issue on hubpages, I prefer squidoo for other affiliate programs.

I prefer squidoo also because it acts as an in between with amazon and ebay: as an international publisher getting money out of the states can be a hassle.

working