North Korea

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)
  1. The Shark profile image61
    The Sharkposted 14 years ago

The idea that a foreign country could threaten to launch a missle at the United States and our response is to send an anti missle ship is astounding! Could anyone picture No Korea threatning us with such an attack if Bush was still President?
    I believe we would send the anti missle ship with the warning, if you launch a missle at US territory, we will consider this hostile act that will require an appropriate respone.
    This diplomacy of "reaching out" is nothing more than weakness.
    It's going to be a long 3.5 years!
    The Shark---taking a bite out of liberalism

2. bgpappa profile image77
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

If they fire a missle, we blow them up. They haven't fired anything yet.  Should we invade their Country like Bush did?

1. tksensei profile image60
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When did President Bush invade NK? Are you sure you're not thinking of a South Park episode?

2. The Shark profile image61
      The Sharkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know one thing, we did what this country understood a long time ago, you take the fight to them. They took it to us 5 times under the Clinton admin., the world trade center (the 1st hit), two differnt embassies in Africa, and the USS Cole. Bin Laden knew he had a paper tiger in the US, that was til he met W. Bin Laden said he considerd Iraq the beachfront in the war on terror against the US, He used the word war, so I guess he considerd his group at war. So I'm going with Bin Laden on this one. (Your fearless leader has quitely sent 35,000 troops into Afghanastin---funny I don't see the loser protestors on that.
      The Koreans now know they have a paper tiger in Obama, which is why they threatend a launch toward Hawaii. So I guess we should wait and when we have a ground Zero in Hawaii we can negotiate surreder. Did Iran attack Isreal before Isreal took out her nuclear reactors the first time? So I guess that was illegal too.
      And where exactly did Germany attack us before we entered WWII?
      But under your weak argument, I guess those ovens in Auswitch really weren't any of our business.
      The Shark---taking a bite out of stupidity

3. bgpappa profile image77

I was referring to Iraq and the proposed threat they were and the Bush Doctrine.

I just don't think making it clear that whatever they try won't work is a bad idea.  The implied deterrent is the consequence if they actually fire.  If Obama does nothing then, the Right can start saber rattling and with justification.  But to claim that Obama should act like Bush is just too far out there in my humble opinion.

4. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

So you're saying we have to wait until they try to hit Hawaii with a missle? Not sure that's a sound strategy.

5. RKHenry profile image63
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

Honestly, does anyone believe they have that capability.  There long range missiles are still blowing up in their own air space.  Technically, I don't believe one of their missiles has made it passed their own borders.  I'm not sure about this- so is that correct?

6. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

I don't think they do have the capability yet, and I think that's why they are still in one piece (or, alternately, why China still feels like they can dodge this problem for a while longer).

They have shot missles beyond their own borders, but nothing as far as Hawaii, to be sure.

7. bgpappa profile image77

Tk, whats the alternative, strike first.  And we have Patriots in the region ready to defend.  If they fire anywhere near Hawaii, I agree, we blow them away, but don't we have a responsibility to wait until they actually do something, or should we invoke the Bush Doctrine and strike first, that is the tough question.

1. tksensei profile image60
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If we really believe they are going to kill thousands upon thousands of US citizens could we really do anything other than strike first?

8. bgpappa profile image77

Fair enough, I guess the real question is where is the breaking point.  Right now, crazy guy making crazy threats.  But at some point, it becomes a real threat.

My point, it has to be a real threat, unlike Iraq.  I am not qualified (or likely smart enough) to suggest where that point is.  I just know we are not there yet.

9. Pete Maida profile image60
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

Thanks to Bush our military is stretched thin and North Korea knows that.  What do you think Bush would do?  Do you it is justified to launch a strike based on one leader's blustering?  We have problems all over the world and most of it is because of the Bush policies. 
    We have mired ourselves in a Iraq because he wasn't smart enough to think there would be an insurgence.  I knew and my buddies knew exactly what was going to happen.  The Iraqis went to Hanoi to get information about fighting a guerilla war against the US before we attacked; how could he not know?
    It was a very long eight years and it will take a long time to dig us out of the international hole Bush got us in.

1. The Shark profile image61
      The Sharkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You knew?? to bad you weren't President, you should have notified the Pentagon seeing as they didn't know. Again, we took the war to their turf. Unfortuantely our lame "freinds at the useless UN did nothing to enforce their own rules. I know those pesky inspection vilations keep sticking in the way of a solid argument. Everyone!!! including the Great Clinton himself believed Sadam either had or was working on WMD. If you can't remeber go to YOUTUBE and you can actually see Clinton give a speech saying Sadam "had" WMD. So inspection violations, inspectors being thrown out, UN doing nothing to enforece their own rules THREE THOUSAND,(3,000) Americans DEAD!!!! Someone had to act. Remeber the big 3, Rather, Jennings and Brokaw telling us that it was not a question of "if" we were going to be attacked again, it was a question of "How Often". They further said that Americans were going to have to get used now to "living like the Israelies" with bus bombings and cafe bomings as a routine part of life. If your memory fails you, go to YOUTUBE and you can watch as these words leave their lips. The only person that didn't accept that option was Bush, and you know what? We haven't been attacked since, but England, Spain, and Australia all have been, God Bless President Bush. If the weak liberals had been more concerned about American lives, instead of worrying about the next election, they would have stood shoulder to shoulder with the President. Instead they put on a disgraceful display, using people like Cindy Sheehan to advance their cause. Why are our troops so thin? I thought Obama campaigned on brining the boys home. Ohhh he meant the boys in Gitmo, right I saw the first bunch deplaning last week. Welcom home boys!!!
      The Shark--(standing for change you can believe in---right)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)