This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

How We Take Things For Granted

1. Dale Mazurek profile image72
    Dale Mazurekposted 8 years ago

I read and read.  In so many cases I can't believe some of the things people don't know or understand and then I realize I am one of those people because I see so many hubs that make me feel dumb.

I can not believe how much I have learned here in the last few weeks.

I really need to write my hubs but love learning about so many things.

1. Lady_E profile image74
      Lady_Eposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Too right.  I learnt from one of Lgali's posts yesterday that you save a lot of money by switching off most electric things in the house before you sleep. Other Hubbers confirmed it. I always have my tv,dvd,laptop etc on standby except for when I'm away on holiday.

So, you certainly learn something new everyday.

2. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  There is some brilliant stuff.  All I write are "doodads" compared to some of the hubs I have read.

2. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Yeah Dale, been there too smile HP never stops to amaze me smile

3. Lisa HW profile image71
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

One of the things I like most about HubPages is that there's so much stuff written that's really good.  I think, compared to a lot of other writing sites, this one seems to have a higher percentage of really good writing/information.

4. AEvans profile image78
    AEvansposted 8 years ago

I am glad that you are so giddy and yes you should keep writing. smile

5. kmackey32 profile image69
    kmackey32posted 8 years ago

Ya keeep writting and drinking..........:-)))))))

6. girly_girl09 profile image76
    girly_girl09posted 8 years ago

Since joining HubPages two months ago I am constantly amazed at all the great content on here.

Anyways, if I need info online, the first place I search now is on here, rather than google. If I need a recipe or research on something, it's probably on here!

The cool thing is that I found out about HubPages when I was writing a research paper. I stumbled across a hub  with really unique info related to my topic and thought it looked cool so I bookmarked it. I came back the next day and when I realized that I could write stuff to earn money, I jumped at the chance to sign up!!!

7. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

It is wonderful to find gems of knowledge about something we don't know or contribute something annnd include others for added measure smile when I log off I think ...somebody will appreciate this that and the other thang big_smile it feels wonderful and we are jus amazing wink a round of ^5 , lol

8. illminatus profile image72
    illminatusposted 8 years ago

Dale I actually feel more foolish today than I did yesterday. That's how I know I'm learning.

9. Pete Maida profile image60
    Pete Maidaposted 8 years ago

I have seen so many educational hubs that I wonder if HP shouldn't somehow hook up with school districts to be a source of reference for school projects.

working