jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it possible to submit your hubpage to too many bookmarking sites to get backl

1. Lalulinho profile image79
    Lalulinhoposted 7 years ago

Is it possible to submit your hubpage to too many bookmarking sites to get backlinks?  I have...

only submitted my sites to a couple (shetoldme, digg, xomba), and after having good google rankings, suddenly my pages have fallen off the face of the earth.

2. iHotHubs profile image34
    iHotHubsposted 7 years ago

For sure, you can submit your hub to any number of bookmarking sites. When the number increases definetly you would get a good traffic + good page ranking. I think you are also get side income from shetoldme and xomba by displaying Google adsense ads as well. I normally bookmark my articles in Stumbleupon, Tweeter, My blogspot account, Reddit except digg, xomba and shetoldme.

3. 5institutes profile image64
    5institutesposted 7 years ago

You have to be careful not to spam yourself - if you self-promote on Digg especially, you can get a good old fashioned "Google slap" -- this happened to me on a website I owned, I was using Bookmarking Demon and wasn't careful enough.

Not only did I get the Google beat-down, but I lost Digg altogether.  They can be pretty harsh on that sort of thing.  I'd recommend that next time you use Digg very sparingly, and not on every site.  If you do use it on every site, make sure you Digg other sites and Hubs, etc., that you do NOT own.

To get your Hub back, do some article marketing to EzineArticles and GoArticles, as well as other high-PR sites.  Then link them to your Hub.

Do the same with other web 2.0 properties, like Squidoo, other Hubs, etc.  Build backlinks.  (I am writing a hub on that right now, in fact.)

4. Amit Doda profile image62
    Amit Dodaposted 7 years ago

Please submit your hub to various social bookmark web sites but you should not go all out. Please pick the best ones and submit them as per their guidelines. Keep updating your social channels, be participative and interactive to get much more value.