jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

Where are the Mac hubbers?

1. Isabella Snow profile image90
    Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago

I am having sooooooo many problems with capules lately, its not funny. I have an intel mac running 10.4.11, all software is up to date, and I had Firefox 2.0.0.11 running. And I use MacScan, so I know I don't have any viral issues etc.

Firefox is screwing up so badly lately, not just with hubpages, with everything. I have no idea why. But hubbing was really a pain, cos I couldnt get the capsules to move around where I wanted them to go.

The worst though, was when editing - If I changed something and then decided to discard the changes, it would revert to the original - but then publish the edits. That is insane, so I stopped using Firefox.

Since Safari doesnt work for hubbing, today I started using Operas latest browser, and I really like it - but its not perfect either. I can't even get it to spellcheck my hubs, and Opera says it should work by default!

Mark mentioned Camino - does it work well? Cos the FAQ only says Firefox works.

These capsule-moving problems  and edit issues Ive only had during the last week - anyone else had them? They dont seem to be getting better, so it would be good to know if anyone else is having any issues.

TIA!

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

Hey Isabella,

I was having problems too - for now I am using firefox 2.0.0.11
    that is working OK, but sometimes, I go to cut and paste and it won't work. Just type one letter in the box and then you can cut and paste - weird I know. Camino works also, although HP says it wont, big_smile
    I am on Leopard though - which caused me all sorts of problems on install.
    Frustrating huh?

3. Isabella Snow profile image90

Well is it a firefox problem or a hubpages problem???? :confused:

4. Mark Knowles profile image59

I think it's a firefox problem. But I am not sure you can separate the two . Firefox have changed something since the new mac OS came out. But it is better since the new version. What version of firefox are you using?

5. Isabella Snow profile image90

Same version you are using.

You can hub in Opera. Its not any worse than Firefox.. but when leaving comments you have to create returns or it goes off the page.

6. Mark Knowles profile image59

I haven't tried Opera. I guess we just have to wait until firefox get their act together.

7. Isabella Snow profile image90

Actually, I just checked my latest hub in Firefox, and while almost everything came out correctly, a few of the indentations didnt. There were extra points that werent visible in Opera. Ive fixed it now, but that makes me think Im better off with Firefox.

Maybe Ill try Camino tomorrow. I do hate that I cant get the Opera spellchecker to work!!!

8. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 9 years ago

I'm on a Mac, running 10.3.9 with Firefox 2.0.0.11 and I'm not having any user issues with HubPages.

Isabella Snowposted 9 years agoin reply to this

So you've said.

Is yours an Intel mac?

1. relache profile image90
        relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's a PowerPC G4

9. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

Try a pc Isa, just for change wink You might like it at the end tongue

Isabella Snowposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I had PC's for 10 years.

It's why I have a mac now. tongue

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'd rather eat dirt than switch back to a PC big_smile

1. Misha profile image77
        Mishaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Proselytes are always over-zealous tongue

10. SunSeven profile image68
    SunSevenposted 9 years ago

Mac is the best for graphic solutions. I used a G5 till two years ago. Now I am on a PC.

11. Isabella Snow profile image90

working