jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Hey other USA/East Coast people. Are your dogs freaking out yet?

1. Capable Woman profile image64
    Capable Womanposted 8 years ago

The fireworks are just starting in my neighborhood. Being down south, I am at least glad no one is shooting at full gas cans with shot guns...but the night is young.

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 8 years ago

Supposedly fireworks are illegal in Massachusetts, but they've already started a little bit here. I live near the beach and yahoos come from all over to set them off. But getting back to your question.

I just had my neighbors' beagle out for a walk and he thought it was great fun! Any chance to howl and woof is a good time for him!

3. Capable Woman profile image64
    Capable Womanposted 8 years ago

My poor old Phideaux (she is 14) is cowering under my desk shaking. Of course, she does the same during thunderstorms.

I just give her hot dogs and lay down on the floor and "spoon" her and then she's okay. Sigh... this is my life these days. smile

1. shibashake profile image81
      shibashakeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Lucky dog! Ain't life glorious? smile

4. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 8 years ago

Wolfgang hates fireworks.

5. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 8 years ago

I'm in Connecticut, but it's still light out so pretty quiet so far. My 3 little pooches, though, have nothing against fireworks or thunderstorms. They pretty much sleep through it all. Let a leaf blow in front of them when we're walking, though, and they freak out!  smile

1. tksensei profile image60
      tksenseiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

During thunderstorms Wolfgang always comes to me for 'protection' (he still hasn't figured out that I can't control the weather) which often involves jumping on the bed while I'm sound asleep. 120lbs or so of fur and claws pouncing on your chest is a great way to wake up.

6. curiozities profile image60
    curiozitiesposted 8 years ago

I'm in Florida and I got home just before dark to take my rat terrier out for a quick, last walk of the day.  Someone set off some firecrackers--illegal here, I might add--way off in the distance.  To me, it sounded like popcorn popping in a microwave. 

Well, my rat terrier went into full-blown panic mode and about ripped my arm out of its socket.  We're indoors now and she's curled up into the fetal position in her emergency, panic, location of last resort which is right behind the toilet.

7. Misha profile image72
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Don't have dogs. But neighbor's horses are freaking out smile

8. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Sierra (my Husky) is calm as a cucumber. smile

9. Misha profile image72
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

That's because she's busy writing reviews probably wink

working