jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

why dont peple chek there speling or gramar wen postin questins?

1. Dvro6212 profile image58
    Dvro6212posted 7 years ago

why dont peple chek there speling or gramar wen postin questins?

As I read through all the questions, I have discovered that there are SO many spelling and grammatical errors that make some completely illegible. Is it really that hard to proofread a couple of lines before pressing submit?

2. Merlin Fraser profile image78
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

With many people whose only brush with the art of literacy is their mobile phone and ‘Text Speak’ they probably think there is nothing wrong with their spelling !

As for Grammar, I question that it is even still taught in schools these days.

3. Robz105 profile image71
    Robz105posted 7 years ago

LOL I feel the same way, and these people are posting articles, just imagine the errors in those.

And by the way Merlin, they do still teach it! I learned it, I was a straight A English student. I guess not everyone else loved it as much as me though.

4. profile image0
    Bambinoposted 7 years ago

I must admit I have noticed some severe spelling mistakes and bad grammar .I just think that maybe the person is not English and maybe has not got a grasp of our language yet !! just making excuses for folk who maybe are not as inteligent as some of us or who maybe  dislexic...be tolerant of others that was one lesson I was taught very early in life we cannot all be wizz kids .

5. telltale profile image76
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Most of the younger people I know, seem to think that the grammar they use in mobile text messages is correct.  I guess they are too used to that kind of writing, without fully understanding that there is real literature behind writing, with the use of proper constructive sentences and paragraphing.  It is really sad to note that many of the hubs I read here do not conform to the rationale of grammar and literature.

If it is proofreading your own hub, it is possible to miss some of the spellings, and grammatical errors may be sometimes not easy to spot.  So, using a spellcheck function in Word may be the best thing prior to publishing - at the very least, the spelling errors can be corrected.  As for grammar, well....

6. LeeWalls profile image59
    LeeWallsposted 6 years ago

I have read Hubs where the person has a high score but what was written had a lot of errors. I wouldn't say anything because if he/she got that score regardless of grammatical errors then that wasn't taken into account.

People need to get off their high horse and stop comparing their writing to others thinking theres is better; everyone writes differently.

working