jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is a better approach? To write hubs on very different topics or to stay fo

1. ramkkasturi profile image61
    ramkkasturiposted 7 years ago

What is a  better approach? To write hubs on very different topics or to stay focused on one or...

two topics? One can observe two appoaches, some are very selective and write in a very narrow and specalized area and others  write in very diverse areas. Which is better ?Why?

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Diversity is a wonderful thing. You can always pick a topic, that is usually a sub-topic of your original content. Example: I have a hub based on morality, but I have also defined life in a different hub, and it mentions morals.

Hope that helped. smile

3. pippap profile image87
    pippapposted 7 years ago

I think the best approach is to write hubs that move you whether that is one subject or many.  It is very difficult to write good hubs that are rich in detail if the subject matter is not of interest to you.  When you have passion for a subject, it shows in your writing and adds a dimension that other writings don't have.

4. Maddie Ruud profile image79
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

In my experience, writing clusters of related hubs within a larger topic can be very effective, traffic-wise.  Make sure you link them all together to pass around the link-love.

However, you don't want to burn out.  If you get tired of writing about one thing, try another subject.  It may turn into its own series of hubs... or not.  Either way, it's better to get it out there than leave it unpublished.

5. profile image65
    fitzjkennyposted 7 years ago

I personally believe it bothers on the individual's objective and interests. If the objective of the writer is to educate or inform his readers on a particular subject matter of interest to him, then such a person may choose to stay focused on one TOPIC or SUBJECT of his/her expertise.

If on the other hand, one just feels like hubbing for a hobby then in that case one may choose to write on any topic of interest at any time. Thereby resulting in one writing on very different topics always.

The bottom line however is that none can be said to be better except that the one who writes on one topic becomes an authority in that topic and gets consistent readers and followers who have an interest in that topic.

working