jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Why are so many of these questions badly worded?

1. just jobs profile image61
    just jobsposted 7 years ago

Why are so many of these questions badly worded?

2. Merlin Fraser profile image78
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

I think perhaps a little tolerance maybe in order, it is possible that English is not the first language of those who seek answers.

3. Lensflare profile image69
    Lensflareposted 7 years ago

A lot of them are intended for someone who wrote another hub. Each of them has a little box like "Ask so and so a Question" to the right, and the hubpages system drops it in here for everyone else without context.

4. just jobs profile image61
    just jobsposted 7 years ago

Lensflare: that sheds a lot of light on the question for me, thanks.

Merlin: My question perhaps would be better rephrased, "why do so many questions here look like spam?"

5. frequentflyer profile image56
    frequentflyerposted 7 years ago

Well, for one it should be "why are so many of these questions poorly worded" and I think it is just laziness and the fact that people just don't care

6. Xgear profile image56
    Xgearposted 7 years ago

Well I've got the same question roaming around my mind since the day I started. Most of those questions simply look like spam but then I have come to realize two things.

1.- You get badges for questions, no matter how awful they are.
    2.- 75% of the people simply lacks the common sense to google things nor do they have any sort of interest into actually thinking to find the answer.

7. TrinaLynne profile image83
    TrinaLynneposted 7 years ago

I think honestly people aren't thinking before they type or they just pump out what sounds good.
    It makes it look like a person is contributing to HubPages without really contributing at all.
    And sadly for some, there is no spell check. LOL.

8. Christopher Floyd profile image60
    Christopher Floydposted 7 years ago

Two annoy all y'uns out thar what can spayl purty.

9. lawrencebeach2010 profile image60
    lawrencebeach2010posted 6 years ago

I have no idea, but for a writers' website, I see so many spelling errors and badly worded questions.

10. Faceless39 profile image95
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Because of the dumbing-down of America, prescribed by our own government so that we're easier to control and manipulate.

working