Censoring content? Why does a hub search for "peak oil" return no results?

1. just jobs profile image61
    just jobsposted 7 years ago

Censoring content? Why does a hub search for "peak oil" return no results?

Why does a hub search for "peak oil" return no results, while a search for "peak oil " (with a space at the end) show 1000 results? Is hubpages censoring content?

2. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Without the quote marks, I got 1000 doing it both ways.  Maybe a temporary glitch?

BTW, some argue that oil has nothing (or not much) to do with dead dinosaurs and vegetation.  Their idea is that oil is a chemical process from deep in the earth.  That is called "abiotic oil".

Peak oil is still a problem, because we have used all the easily obtained stuff that has gotten near the surface.

Now, we have to drill miles below the surface.  That is a problem source, as has happened off the coast of Louisiana in the Gulf.

Eventually, even that will be depleted, as we are extracting in a 100 years or so what took millions of years to generate.

And, eventually we will reach a point where it "costs" more than a barrel of oil to find, extract, transport, and refine a barrel of oil.

Too many people breeding too many litters of rugrats with no thought of consequence.

http://hubpages.com/hub/indiscriminate- … stitutions

http://hubpages.com/hub/indiscriminate- … stitutions

3. just jobs profile image61
    just jobsposted 7 years ago

You're right, it's not doing it for me anymore either. It was just weird because all other searches worked for me.

Oil is biotic, but it's not from dinosaurs or terrestrial vegitation. It's eon-old algae. It calls into question the intentions of people that argue an abiotic origin for oil, an organic substance.

And yes, the story of Peak Oil is the story of a diminishing Energy Return on Energy Invested, and does not mean that "oil's half gone."

working