jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Google Adsense Earnings

1. retired06 profile image77
    retired06posted 11 days ago

I have been a member of HubPages since 2006.  At that time I signed up for Google Adsense Ads plus Hubpages ads, I was seeing earnings for quite sometime, but I am not seeing any earnings in my Adsense reports now for a long time.  Why is this happening?   My account is active.

1. Dabby Lyric profile image81
      Dabby Lyricposted 11 days agoin reply to this

Hello,

I'm going through the same thing. It seems like the site has slowed down today. My hubpages have yet to be calculated. I finally got approved for Adsense this morning and nothing is showing-might be too soon.
      I hope someone sees this post and answers the questions presented

2. Marisa Wright profile image97
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 days agoin reply to this

I looked at your account, and although you've got 40 Hubs, only three of them are earning money from ads.  The rest are "unFeatured", which means they can't get much traffic and therefore can't earn much money.

You may be aware that over 90% of our readers are people who find our Hubs on Google, so it's critically important that our Hubs rank well on Google.

Some years ago, Google changed how it assessed articles.  Instead of judging an article just on its own merits, it looked at the overall quality of the site too. Say you had an outstanding article which used to be ranked #1 on Google's first page:  if it was on a site full of good articles, it would still be ranked #1, but if it was on a site full of rubbish, it might end up ranked on page 2.

At the time,  there was a lot of rubbish on HubPages.  HubPages didn't have the manpower to clean up all the poor quality Hubs that had accumulated.  So they hit on an idea:  if a Hub wasn't getting many visitors from Google, then it was probably because Google disapproved of it. Therefore, if they hid all those Hubs from Google, that would improve the overall quality of the site in Google's eyes, and the surviving Hubs would do better.

That's what unFeaturing does - it lets the Hub stay published, but it hides the Hub from Google.

So, to get your Hubs earning again, you need to get them Featured. That may be as simple as doing a small edit - but that is only a temporary fix, and you need to understand the system and bring yourself up to date before you can really decide what to do.  I have a Hub on the slider on my profile which explains your options in more detail.

2. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 11 days ago

With only 3 articles, you probably have no clicks on your Google ads.
    Two suggestions:
    1. Switch to the HP ad program, which pays by views, not just clicks
    2. Write some articles that might eventually get some page views

3. agvulpes profile image88
    agvulpesposted 11 days ago

I agree with what Marisa wrote!
    There is also an article in the HP Learning Center that tells you what constitutes a Stellar Hub that you may wish to read: https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … tellar-Hub
    I hope you do well and increase your earnings smile

4. SolveMyMaze profile image55
    SolveMyMazeposted 11 days ago

My Adsense earnings are appearing, but it's a negative amount which is odd.

working