jump to last post 1-20 of 20 discussions (29 posts)

Turn Down the Volume On Whining, Criticsm and Negativety Please.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image72
    Eaglekiwiposted 8 years ago

I will.
    Do you want too as well. If you dont already ,then way to go.
    It does get to you after a while, like a funny smell you cant quite figure out where its coming from.

No I dont expect daisies and fields of fluffy baby lambs, I just feel very sorry for some people who will never respond to criticism but get hurt all the same, and silently withdraw, and more assertive personalities pat themselves on the back or high 5 a fellow hubber.
    No I am not criticising assertiveness, strong opinions even ,just dont use names (isnt that a personal attack?)
    Name-calling ,yea leave that in elementary school,we are big people now.
    Just because some people are not considered one of the 'cool hubbers' low on the ground with virtual 'friends' or 'kudos' or are not established hubbers, or God forbid, English is not their mother tongue, dont whine or make fun of them, email them or be a little more sensitive with your rants ,jibs n jibes.

We never know what struggles or hardship a person has in real life and I think its so mean to criticise distructivly.

When I joined Hubpages ,it said it was for everyone and I read the rules for the forum ,but im guilty of straying at times ,getting caught up in the emotion ,but if I hurt someone I want to quit or at least change direction.
    I dont expect my post to be exciting or popular but I feel better I expressed some reality (for me) smile

http://hubpages.com/help/forum_rules

2. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 8 years ago

Very well said, Eagle. I'm with you.

3. cindyvine profile image88
    cindyvineposted 8 years ago

Exactly, Eagle!

Eaglekiwiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

well I see me being unfanned faster than I can type this,but I feel better for gettin that off my chest...thanks for the heads up...

4. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 8 years ago

3 cheers for Eaglekiwi....... needed to be said, and not a better woman to say it.......  Let's be nice, at least today ha ha

wink..well Im not a smart man...but I know what love is...

Forrest Gump day big_smile

Wait til the next shift arrives lol if Im in the shower ,Brenda just shove some food under their noses and tell 'em to chill baby,lol

5. nikitasnow2 profile image61
    nikitasnow2posted 8 years ago

you are right, and I dont mean to be insultive, but some people grow old but never grow up.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Well said. I fanned you by the way smile

I think I only get snarky with people when they ignore the forum rules like creating posts just to tell us about their latest hub when it tells you not to on the page where you post. Doing that once is sort of understandable, but when they continue to do it that is deliberate.

I don't resort to name calling...although I have been tempted. What name calling I have ever done has been in joking...although some have taken it the wrong way.

oh you did! great ,thats quite an honor smile
      yes and its right they be told quickly as Ive seen you and others too,no fuss etc.
      I can be just as mean as the next person if I want, and im not thin skinned, however its not something I get any joy out of and thought well nice never hurt anyone smile

7. profile image0
    aquaseaCreativeposted 8 years ago

Well I would be sad if the forum did become all rainbows and kittens -- i kinda like the strong views and banter. I'm not supporting true nastiness or bullying, but in this kind of foum you do have to withstand the odd harsh word.

As a newcomer, it seems very supportive.

Rainbows Rock ,lol
      And yes HB is supportive
      Welcome to the clan smile

8. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 8 years ago

Great thread for me to wake up to. I with you too.

Nellie you are one of the hubbers who inspire me

Great day isnt it (low humidity) Im smilin too smile

9. AsherKade profile image59
    AsherKadeposted 8 years ago

I have one that's always negaive to me, but eaglekiwi told me that he's that way with everyone, so shrug it off.

Sorry Asher Im not sure who you are meaning ? but hey if it worked,good for you smile

1. AsherKade profile image59
        AsherKadeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I won't use his name (to protect the not-so-innocent), but it was a while back, and you were so thoughtful and cheered up my day, so I joined your club!

Im honored,stay cool smile

10. profile image0
    Janettaposted 8 years ago

Very well said, Eagle wink

aww tanks janetta smile

11. Beth100 profile image84
    Beth100posted 8 years ago

Very well spoken!  I'm right behind you on this one!

12. Eaglekiwi profile image72
    Eaglekiwiposted 8 years ago

smile..thankyou Beth

13. RGraf profile image83
    RGrafposted 8 years ago

Thank you for posting this.  I like to try to get along with everyone.  If I emotionally disagree, i don't respond.  But so many seem to want to cause trouble and I run from those posts.

14. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 8 years ago

Eaglekiwi, I just "Fanned" you, so if you do get "Unfanned" for this fine Hub, you've at least got a partial refill.

15. profile image0
    Hack Retisposted 8 years ago

I don't generally listen to whining, it's like a low level hum I've successfully tuned out.

What was that? wink

16. LondonGirl profile image90
    LondonGirlposted 8 years ago

You smell!

17. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 8 years ago

I'm with you eagiekiwi. I stopped responding to hateful comments on my hubs, and this morning I find a comment from someone else mad at me for not responding to a hateful comment. lol!

Too funny. I guess sometimes we just have to laugh.

18. profile image0
    annvansposted 8 years ago

Well, it's good to see some positive stuff going on in the forums today.

19. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago

Yeah for the positive vibes

20. profile image0
    annvansposted 8 years ago

Keep this one going soze I can add all ya'll to my fan list, lol.

working