Who Thinks Africans Should Remain Slaves?

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (68 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Yep, being horse-whipped got submission and all. Cos from what I've seen in here, it sure as hell seems like it would make a lot of people happier. Much happier.

1. Lady_E profile image62
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Fiery, Fiery, Fiery.  What writest thou?

Anyway, hope your having a good Sunday, Sparky.
      Regards, E.   smile

2. Paper Moon profile image81
      Paper Moonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!  I hope to god (anyones really) that you are not serious.

3. alekhouse profile image72
      alekhouseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What a ridiculous question!

4. Jellyrug profile image61
      Jellyrugposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Slavery should never have been, but why?

Why did they allow themselves into slavery?
      Why is Africa with all it's wonderful resources such a poor and troubled place?
      Why are many of those who escaped Africa through slavery so much better off in other continents today?

So, I took the bait, now tell me why?

5. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not all of them of course; only the brain-dead Nigerians who like to start trouble with silly forum posts.  Horse-whipping might jog some brain cells back to a functioning level.

6. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, sure, especially vocal Nigerians tongue

7. Davinagirl3 profile image59
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

"If one person is enslaved, no one is truly free."  I can't remember who said it, but it is 100% true.

2. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

Stop it now, you are asking for trouble, would you like to be whipped I will whip ya

3. profile image0

Enough is Enough o.k. agree to differ

4. profile image0

dont rise to his bait it aint worth it...... he is joking...

5. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Fiery, you sure are...um...fiery today! Hugs!

6. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Now this is a silly hub absolutely not, why would you ask such a wuestion? Nobody should have ever and even now be enslaved. smile

7. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

I think they should remain slave.... lol

kidding dude.... stop asking silly questions.

8. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Uh, what, Fiery?

9. TheMoneyGuy profile image68
    TheMoneyGuyposted 14 years ago

My Qestion would be who thinks Africans were ever given their freedom, or any of us for that matter, being able to shoot off at the mouth and vote doesn't mean you are free by any stretch of the imagination.  No, I think we are all pretty much in the same boat.  Try and step to far out of line and see if the Man's billy club feels much different than the man's whip.  I haven't been hit by the whip, but the club hurts like hell, and quickly reminds you of your place. 

Work your ass off and give at all back at the end of the month. 

At least as slaves there were no pretends, and they weren't so cruel as to make you write your own checks for the living quarters.

TMG

10. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

If this is a serious question. Hell no. Africans are just as much a part of the human race. Which is why its ridiculous that the war in Uganda has been going on so long. Child soldiers? Seriously. Kony's gotta be stopped.

11. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/whut-ian.jpg

12. AsherKade profile image57
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

I wish I knew how to post a pic in a forum (the formatting tips didn't help me), but perhaps it's best because a cat picture would have been sweet compared to my reaction!

1. Colebabie profile image61
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

tinypic.com uploads your pic and gives you the code. If that makes it easier smile

1. AsherKade profile image57
        AsherKadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks....beware hubbers, now I ask a lot of Q's AND post pics!!!!!!!!!!!! (boo-ha-ha-ha-ha...)

13. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Slavery is in the mind smile now.

Dont you listen to Nelson Mandela and Martin Luther King?

Ya better listen to Brenda ,shes fixin to whoop yer ass lol

14. Pete Maida profile image62
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

I'm sorry but saying this, even in jest, to me is worse than any smut that can be put on a web page.

15. Inspirepub profile image71
    Inspirepubposted 14 years ago

Remain slaves?

They're slaves?

All of them?

Including fierycj?

Does that mean if I asked the right person I could buy fierycj for my very own? wink

Hmmmmm ...

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah!  Let's purchase him and pet him and squeeze him...and call him George...  And make him make us some movies, too!  smile

1. Inspirepub profile image71
        Inspirepubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you mean all of us at once, or are you thinking to set him up as a time-share?

1. profile image0
          Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Time share!  Of course.  He can be shipped to Australia first (since it was your idea) to meet Hugh Jackman, maybe, then he can be shipped over here to the USA to meet with Scorsese.  We would, absolutely, though, require a greater time portion, as most quality directors live in Hollywood and we invented movies. wink

2. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

remove all the question tags and here's what you really mean.

Remain slaves.

They're slaves.

All of them.

Including fierycj.

That means if I asked the right person I could buy fierycj for my very own. wink

Hmmmmm ...

16. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

Are you by any chance bored at the moment, fiery?

1. profile image0

Came back from Church today. Was so friggin boring. Had to say the magic word, Flame On! My fellas dropped in for a game of Pro Evolution Soccer on PS3, i whooped them all. Took all their money. I'm hot. Coming in here and seeing all this affection showered on me, lil Ol' me, now I know you all must love me. I feel at home now. I'm not into New Age, but now I feel at peace with the Universe and all that crap. Gawd, I'm hot.

17. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

My children think I'm their slave and I'm African

18. profile image0

Woman are slaves they have to iron

19. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

I don't iron, only cook, but will have to iron when I get to Tanzania as there are thsese flies there that lay eggs in your washing and underwear on the line.  Hatch out with the warmth of your body and the grubs burrow under your skin.  So you have to iron ALL your clothes and underwear to stop grubs living in you.  Honestly, this is the truth!

20. profile image0
    Am I dead, yet?posted 14 years ago

No one should think this way. Nothing about this statement is funny at all.

21. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 14 years ago

I can't wait for fierycj's next thread: Who thinks Africans should remain starving?

1. profile image0

Ha Ha. Darkside just made a joke.

2. waynet profile image67
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah or who thinks africans should remain black?

and...

bring back the term gollywogs as this overly pc thing is ridiculous...

22. flread45 profile image59
    flread45posted 14 years ago

Where the hell is Mark Knowles,smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ON ooops holiday

2. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Back soon, 2 week break....

23. Eaglekiwi profile image73

CJ ,please hope you dont get mad, and if you do tell me what your thoughts are.

Got to chatting to a nieghbour the other day and slavery came up in the conversation, we were mainly talking about civil war ,rebels ,yanks n that ,but one thing that had my attention were his thoughts on slavery ( bear in mind Im in the Southern part of the USA) and his views were that Africa had more African slaves than Europe or the USA and in some parts still do?

Do you have any thoughts on that ? smile

1. profile image0

That's ludicrous. Who's keeping them? You mean like house workers or what? But I'll tell you something, any African who goes abroad is probably gonna end up a slave there. I've been offered a million visas to travel to America or the UK. But I turn it down everytime. What I'm I gonna do there, flip burgers? Or end up washing toilets? Here, I live like a king! When I travel, I do that on my terms. And best of all, I'll be loaded too, I'll be sniffing Arab Money thru my nostrils.

1. darkside profile image66
        darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah, so this 'slavery' you speak of has nothing to do with real slavery, but the sort of thing that many people (whites included) have to put up with on a day to day basis.

1. profile image0

No. That different. Just answering Kiwi's question.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Might seem ludicris, but sometimes if we look back on our countries history ,it is not all peaches n cream, and today 2009 Africa (and Cuba) have atrocious child slavery markets operating as we speak. History we cannot change ,but that exploitation we can (or least try too)...

But your question about slavery in general, No Africans should not remain slaves,unless of course they want to. smile

24. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 14 years ago

What do you mean africans...we are all slaves!!

25. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Yea we are all slaves. Most of us work to give are paycheck to the government. Our pay is taxed, then when we wanna buy shit that is taxed too, even when we sell something that is taxed too. hmmm sooo unfair that we all work for someone else to just get rich while we remain poor the rest of our lives.

1. rastrother profile image40
      rastrotherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

know that something i can agree on. very nicley said km

26. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 14 years ago

No one should be considered as slaves

27. aidenofthetower profile image66
    aidenofthetowerposted 14 years ago

I must say...I know that this is probably a joke or something put up here to get a response, but it really isn't funny and it really isn't something that people should joke about.

1. profile image0
      \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree it is Fiery he is a strange guy...... Fiery this girl is upset come and apologise to her where are you

28. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Fierycj you are an idiot.

If you think that working at McDonald's is 'slavery' then fair enough, we all have differing definitions. But my local McDonald's is staffed almost completely by Caucasians, by your very definition of slavery it has therefore become multi cultural?

What you call slavery is simply capitalism. Most people of all colours, religions and races are starting at the bottom of a rat race and have to make the right decisions in their lives if they so desire to achieve better working conditions and remuneration. Such is life.

At the moment there are millions of unemployed people in the USA, and indeed over here in the UK, many of those - people of all races - would be willing to take a job at McDonald's as an alternative to  losing their homes.

Is the half Kenyan Barrack Obama a slave? I should think not.
    It sounds to me as though you need to open your mind slightly,  and that it is in fact you with the race issue.

1. profile image0

Ha Ha. That long one gave me a good laugh. First of all, you've got me all wrong. I'm not saying people who work at McDonald's are slaves, though they might be slaving away for minimum wage. I have relatives who practically sold their life's belongings to go the US, only to live like that. The very act itself is slavery. Not that they are. Secondly, and this is the crux of my matter. I would rather be king here, as I am, than live that way over there. Which realistically speaking, is only what awaits an African immigrant. Sorry, you took it personal. I'm sure you enjoy your job.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It was your relatives choice to go to the USA and their decision to sell their life's belongings to go to the USA is their own mistake. The people of America (all races), who are currently experiencing a recession, would in fact benefit if their was no immigration at the moment.

You sound extremely ungrateful. There are millions of people without jobs in America as things stand. Every immigrant that enters the country and takes a job is taking another vacancy from the existing American citizens (all races).

I am in fact from the UK, and have just graduated from university with a first class honours degree. I am currently looking for a job, a difficult process. Personally I do not think that we should be allowing any immigration whilst their are 2 million people looking for a job.

That does not make me a racist. Any immigrant who comes into this country and is given is a job should 1). be grateful that they have a job  2). Understand that that there are other people that need that job and 3). If they don't like our culture or way of life then to go home.

You fail to appreciate that Africans could work in a McDonalds restaurant in the UK and still have enough money to buy a house in their home countries, and pay for the flight home. If they wish to do so, there are plenty of airports in the UK.

I had a poor job for two years between 18-20, and decided to borrow to obtain a university education. If that gives me the opportunity to get a better job, over an immigrant with no UK qualifications, then sorry but that is only right.

If you move somewhere and cannot get a job, then take measures to improve your skills and qualifications, and then work your way up in life like everybody else. As it happens, the black community in the UKs larger cities achieve less academically than any other race. At the same time I also have African friends that have worked very hard and gone to university, all of whom earn more per month now in the UK then they would in one year in their home countries.

In the UK you can achieve whatever you wish, and we practice equal opportunities. If immigrants choose not to take those opportunities (or indeed even do research before coming!) then it is their fault that they are working at a fast food restaurant. Exactly the same applies to immigrants from all countries and of all races.

1. profile image0

I appreciate that they have to burst their ass and all, but really they wouldn't have to, if they were half patient. But like you said, it is their choice, who I'm I to argue. I also hold a BA in Computer Science. I'm self-employed. I could have hung around waiting for a job like millions are doing, or even travelled out like my relatives did. I could have, but I said no. Now I run my own company, my own terms. I choose my own working hours. Drive my own car. Live in my own house. I'm king. Its all in the mindset and determination. Nothing else. Someone said, slavery is in the mind. I agree 100%. So friend, still think I'm an idiot or what? Lol.

1. Davinagirl3 profile image59

I don't think you're an idiot... How do you inflame people so much?  Is it the fire in you?

1. profile image0

Tell you a story, Davi. When I was real little, my Mom once looked into my eyes and said in Igbo, "nwan, oku di gi n'ime nke ukwu" which means, "my child, you have so much fire in you" that kinda stuff with me. Fire is my element. I even called my company, FieryVision. And my Film company will be, FireFilms.

Flame on, Baby!

2. profile image0
            ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I still think that your an idiot, sorry.

29. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Hey CJ..smile

Im curious why did ya ask the question?

30. profile image0

long live the king

1. profile image0

King is used loosely here. I'm actually a Prince. My Pops my inheritance is supposed to be the king of my village. He turned it down. I'm still from a royal kindred, though.

1. profile image0
        \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Long Live The Prince

31. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Immigration is just another over-priced Government Dept.

The crazy thing is the honest people pay $$$$, cuz theyre so pissed at the others who pay zilch!! then offer assylum to others who come from countries they (USA) wont even trade with (i.e Cuba)...

So disagree with you on it not paying the Govt.

32. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Hey Brenda now you know someone who can do your next pile of ironing...hehe

33. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

No problem, Ryan. Goodluck with the job search. Lol.

Always with the BURN.

34. sfadson profile image60
    sfadsonposted 14 years ago

Hey! Get your Mind of the Gutter, the world is now civilized. Do you have a low Esteem? What a Pitty.

From sfadson.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)