jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How come when I post a comment from my own hub, my IP address that shows has cha

1. Lifeallstar1 profile image58
    Lifeallstar1posted 7 years ago

How come when I post a comment from my own hub, my IP address that shows has changed 3 times?

For instance, I posted say 2 weeks ago and it shows my ip address, then a week later i post to someone elses comment and it's different, then today again, it's different? It's from the same computer, same place so what's going on? It's not a slight change either??

2. Joe8943 profile image75
    Joe8943posted 7 years ago

Depending on your network set up, every time you connect, your internet service provider can assign you a different ip address known as a dynamic ip address.  Only if your settings are for a static ip address will it stay the same.  In the end it doesn't matter all that much

3. xboxps3wow profile image43
    xboxps3wowposted 7 years ago

You have a dynamic IP. Simple as that. I know dial up has that and some other ISP provide you with a dynamic IP, too.

4. profile image50
    bymarksanchezposted 6 years ago

In case there is some wireless router difficulties this Ip will be the first step for your resolution. Once you access the control panel it is possible to see all the wireless router particulars which includes its firmware type. If some other computers are linked on the 'network ' you are able to discover them. Certainly one of the selections can help you setup wireless network. You just have to examine the settings for wireless 'network ' and add a details and you are totally free gain access to the network of computers together with your notebook. The troubleshooting wizard may make suggestions to the answer of your challenge. In case you can’t recall the security password you can try working with several of the default security passwords which could easily be located online. If that does not assist mainly because an individual has changed the default pass word then it is possible to try the reset button and use yet another username and password.

5. serif profile image61
    serifposted 5 years ago

Hai most of the internet service providers assign dynamic ip address to their users. Dynamic ip address changed when ever you log on to the internet. So your ip address shown different. If you want static ip address ask your ISP. You can check your ip address Dynamic or static at http://www.ip-details.com/