jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I'm new to Hubpages, why does the number on my profile picture go up or down on

1. torconstantino profile image59
    torconstantinoposted 7 years ago

I'm new to Hubpages, why does the number on my profile picture go up or down on any given day?

2. profile image0
    ftch911posted 7 years ago

It's a hub score, and it adjusts to the number of times people read your hubs and respond to them. It also depends on how frequently you post hubs and interact in the community.

3. Tom T profile image69
    Tom Tposted 7 years ago

It is your hub score. It is a measure of quality of the content you are submitting.  There seem to be a number of factors from traffic, quality of content, # of words, activity in community, etc.  It takes time and effort but most people can get to the 70-80 range with a few quality hubs.

4. profile image0
    houseazposted 7 years ago

I think this is the secret sauce which helps determine over time a sort of trust ranking.  It is something I think that becomes developed over time.

5. SteveoMc profile image75
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

See this page in the FAQ's   http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscorecalc
    It basically lists these things:
          Amount of traffic - including percentage from reputable sources other than HubPages

The reputation of the Hubber - your Hubber Score and contribution to the community

The response of readers to your hub - including comments, thumbs up, etc.

The uniqueness of content - copying content already available on the web will be penalized

Closed to reply

working