jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you link to other hubber's articles?

1. Mom Kat profile image82
    Mom Katposted 7 years ago

Do you link to other hubber's articles?

I was reading the "hub karma" in the help section and it says to increase your karma you can link to your own and/or other people's hubs of similar content.
    Do you link only to your own, or have you linked to other people's hubs on a regular basis?

How important is your hub karma to you?

2. Rimzim profile image59
    Rimzimposted 7 years ago

When I joined hp then I am trying to build up my hub karma everytime but now I dont care about it.

I also give others hubbers articles link in my hub with my hubs link.

3. wingedcentaur profile image81
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

I have to say that I've found linking helpful to my hub karma and my hub score. Despite myself, this pleases me -- the rise in my hub score. I like to think I am above such things but alas,,...

But seriously though, I link to other people's stuff. I happen not to like talking about myself much and that even extends to linking to my own hubs or being what I consider to be self-referential here on HubPages.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

I've never attempted to link my hubs period. I'm not sure I would know how to. ha ha ha
    Maybe I'll try and figure it out the next time I post.
    Thanks for asking your question!

5. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

If you're here to make money, you have to think carefully about how and where you link to other people's Hubs.

If you put your links too early in your Hub, before your reader has a chance to get interested, they may leave your Hub and never come back - so you've lost any chance for them to click on your ads.

HubKarma rewards you for linking to other Hubs.  It doesn't matter whether they're your Hubs or someone else's.

6. sofs profile image81
    sofsposted 7 years ago

I always find a relevant hub and link it. I have come to understand from the pro's here, that it has to be towards the end so I follow this tip now. yes has helped my hubkarma.

7. C.A. Johnson profile image70
    C.A. Johnsonposted 7 years ago

I consider it a courtesy and a necessity to link to other people's articles. I have a tendency to write a lot of commentary, so other people's viewpoint is important. As for my Hub Karma it is what it is and I take it all in part with being a member for Hub Pages.

8. Sterling Carter profile image75
    Sterling Carterposted 7 years ago

Wow some great answers to this great question.

I am a one year Hubber. If there is such a critter.  I have been spending the best part of that year honing and refining an e-book and did little other then write a couple of articles here on Hubpages.

My income comes from the Internet. Ironically however not from adsense at least not yet.

AS far as linking to other Hub's goes we live in the information age. People are looking for information. It has been my experience that if you provide them with the information they seek they will often remember you.

If you have something to offer other then getting an ad clicked on "hopefully something you own and produced yourself" you can make much more money

I link to other peoples Hub's not to get a better score but to provide my reader with more information if they want it.

I do not worry about them leaving my page because I simple have the linked-to page open in a new window.

9. speedbird profile image71
    speedbirdposted 7 years ago

You should try to link to both your hubs and other hubs since your hub karma contributes to your hubberscore