jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I have 214 Hubs what would happen if I stop writing for 6 months.

1. skgrao profile image71
    skgraoposted 7 years ago

I have 214 Hubs what would happen if I stop writing for 6 months.

2. Lgali profile image56
    Lgaliposted 7 years ago

you may get less traffic.inside and outside

3. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You'd still have 214 Hubs.  Beyond that, nothing can be predicted.  The only way to find out would be to take that six month break and watch.

I've taken several multiple-month-long breaks from making Hubs in my four years with the site, and my Hub traffic has always gone up regardless.  There's a lot of superstition on this site regarding inactivity, but it tends to come from people who never actually stop participating in the site.

4. Richard Craig profile image75
    Richard Craigposted 7 years ago

I had a break from here for a few months.  I gradually got less traffic but my ratings stayed pretty much the same.  I don't think it will hurt.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 7 years ago

Your overall hubscore would probably take the biggest hit because part of it is calculated by activity levels. But the hubs would still exist and receive traffic regardless (I assume). It's just like a website; if you still have relevant information, people will still visit it, but if it isn't updated for six months, traffic might dip because there is nothing new.

6. zanaworld profile image66
    zanaworldposted 6 years ago

You can stop writing hubpages for a while, but if you keep signing in regularly will increase your hub-score.

As such, not writing will not have much affect after you have done over 214 hubs.