jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Should I answer comments or not?

1. bileygur profile image60
    bileygurposted 7 years ago

Should I answer comments or not?

I usually receive few comments.  I see many hubbers do not reply to the comments others do.  Is it better to reply or not? Why should I reply? Why should I not reply?

2. 1150kaylamichelle profile image54
    1150kaylamichelleposted 7 years ago

Well why not reply? It's not a huge deal either way..

Oh and i guess you can only answer once. It wouldn't let me twice that's probably why

3. bileygur profile image60
    bileygurposted 7 years ago

I see many do not reply.  There must be reason for that??'

4. Diane Inside profile image80
    Diane Insideposted 7 years ago

Some just don't comment back because they may not have time. I try to comment on all of mine. But everyone is different.  I feel that it makes the reader feel validated in that you recognized that they took the time to read and comment on your hub.

5. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

What happened did your brain shut down and you can no longer think.  Are you in need of a personal assistant?  Do as you wish, it really makes no difference

6. darrylcrawford profile image67
    darrylcrawfordposted 7 years ago

I believe it is a way to make the reader feel validated also and that we took the time to notice them, kinda like a text back. If someone texts me and tell me they like what I said,  I would feel the need to say "thanks", however It's a matter of choice. It's not a right or wrong thing to do.

At times I may not be able to reply right back because of work, family, etc. but when I can I do let others know that I appreciate their comments, but that's just me.  smile

7. Descartes profile image59
    Descartesposted 7 years ago

I tend to reply to comments if they have a specific question or comment that seems to call for a reply.  If they want info or an opinion.  If they are just saying-Hey, Great Writing! or something similar, I see no reason to reply.

8. jasoncox83 profile image76
    jasoncox83posted 7 years ago

Always reply, remember you want to build a faithful readership of people who are interested in your hubs. By you interacting with them, you stand a better chance of them following up or reading more of your work, and them possibly following you.

9. swapna123 profile image67
    swapna123posted 7 years ago

I am fairly new here so my hubs have very few comments and I generally make it a point to reply either individually or give a consolidated comment thanking everyone who has spent time to read and comment on my hubs.
    There are lot of veteran hubbers with many hubs which have a large number of comments. For them, it may become impossible to reply to each and everyone so I think it is okay and it depends on the time you have at hand.

working