jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

As a new hubber I`m writing small hubs now, just to gear me up. Is it a right te

1. vinividivici profile image60
    vinividiviciposted 7 years ago

As a new hubber I`m writing small hubs now, just to gear me up. Is it a right technique?

In 4 days i`ve wrote 3 hubs and all are tiny in size.

2. jstankevicz profile image83
    jstankeviczposted 7 years ago

It depends on what your goal is. If you just want to get published quickly, then  short  and sweet are ok. If your goal is to get readers, and passive income (Adsense, Amazon, etc) then you need to grow your hubs. To attract readers and place well in search engine rankings you need to have much more content. Look at the highly ranked hubs, by highly ranked hubbers and observer their length and compositions.

A hub never has to be "finished". You can start with a short hub, and then keep coming back to add more content (text) capsules, and experiment with other capsules, like news, polls, etc. You'll find that as your hubs grow in content and quality, your readership and revenue will also likely increase.

You can also change directions with a hub, as you reflect on it and research the topic for yourself.

3. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Your hubs are more like blog notes, too small, if you are here to earn you will have to write bigger hubs (not blogs  but like articles)  to get Google's attention. 500 -700 words would be a good start. I suggest you write what people may want to read, what is useful for others. Read up other hubs, follow topics of interest and read hubs in those subjects, that would take you a long way.
    Make sure that your hubs are spell checked and checked for grammar.

Best Wishes!!

4. ryancarter profile image61
    ryancarterposted 7 years ago

I always try to brain storm a particular topic completely offline, mostly using Microsoft Word.  What I'll do is start writing on a topic, then if I think of a tangent discussion, I'll separate the two with a few line breaks or something.  I spend maybe 30 minutes doing this and then look at the result.

Most of the time, the little chunks of writing I did can be combined to create a decent 700 - 1000 word Hub.  Maybe instead of writing Hubs, you should just write, then compile Hubs later.

Hope this makes sense...

5. vinividivici profile image60
    vinividiviciposted 7 years ago

thanks jstankevicz, sofs and ryancarter. As a novice Hubber I deserve your Pardon. Is`nt it? Thanks again.