jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Question on referrals for admin.

1. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 8 years ago

On referrals, the token only last for 120 minutes.  If I wanted to do a hubpages project where all participants always received a share, would it be possible? 

I have a project in mind (top secret stuff) that I think would bring a lot of business to hubpages in general, and the hubbers.  As a group effort, I think the outcome would be phenomenal.

Thanks,
    Sandra

1. darkside profile image78
      darksideposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Referrals last for 30 days, unless the person has clicked on a second referral URL, which lasts 120 minutes.

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Ah ha! Thanks Darkside.  I just came from reading your referral hub and was still confused a bit.

1. darkside profile image78
          darksideposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's actually quite a tricky subject for anyone to get their head around. It takes a few reads and some time to let it sink in before one can truly understand the workings of the referral system. Because it isn't doing just one thing (getting immediate ad impressions), but two (getting someone to sign up).

2. Maddie Ruud profile image79
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

Not quite clear on the question.  You mean, would it be possible to allow one person to get a share of all ad impressions for a particular visitor forever and ever?

3. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 8 years ago

Na, I mean, would it be possible to "permalink" so that people who are not involved in the project cannot "steal" ad impression revenue. 

Or hijack the project and redirect it to another source. Something like this. 

I hope that made better sense. big_smile

I will send you an email because the project is top secret. LOL. big_smile

working