Hello, can you tell me more about what I can expect, as a writer, to get out of

1. amanda_hinski profile image59
    amanda_hinskiposted 7 years ago

Hello, can you tell me more about what I can expect, as a writer, to get out of HubPages?

I noticed you were very active and reputable here.  Kudos!  I figured you would be a good person to ask for any friendly tips for success.  I'm still finding my sea legs and feeling kind of lost.  Thanks so much for reaching out to me!

2. ladyjane1 profile image81
    ladyjane1posted 7 years ago

Amanda you are very welcome! My advice to you is to read as much as you can about hubpages and how to be successful here. There are so many great writers here who write hubs concerning all areas that concern hubpages, or just writing in general. The first thing that I did was I read all the forums and found answers that I was afraid to ask and that really helped. I also reached out to other hubbers who were new and we kind of helped each other out. The best advice I can give you is to write about what you know and that will make the best hubs. Remember to always use original content on all your hubs and find out all you can about back linking and getting your work read; and what to do to help you generate income if that is what your goal is. I wish you the best of luck. I have listed one of my most popular hubs, I hope it helps some. Cheers.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubpages-and-Qu … New-Hubber

3. Bard of Ely profile image85
    Bard of Elyposted 7 years ago

I would say that first and foremost hubpages offers a writer a place to showcase their work and to build an archive on the Internet of their articles and stories. It means your work will get seen, although obviously the more you promote it the better.
    All sorts of people can come upon your hubs when searching for info on line. For example, the film-maker Chris Everard, whose Feed Your Brain magazine I now write for, found me when he was looking for information on the Kogi tribe.
    Secondly, hubpages is a great place to make friends. The community here is very helpful and if you are looking for advice or help you will find it on hubpages. Use the forums for this and get to know fellow hubbers by reading and posting comments.
    Then of course, it is possible to make money here but you will need to work hard at it, you need to be patient and not expect instant results, and I would advise that you read the hubs by the top hubbers and high-earners to see how they have found success here.
    Good luck hubbing!

working