jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can I take something I wrote for another site (like my blog) and publish it as a

1. amanda_hinski profile image60
    amanda_hinskiposted 7 years ago

Can I take something I wrote for another site (like my blog) and publish it as a hub?

2. blumajik profile image59
    blumajikposted 7 years ago

It's a good way to generate traffic.I would publish it here first. HubPages is great vs. blogs.What would you suggest?As long as you say who you are as the author or give credit to another author you should be ok.

3. eculligan profile image76
    eculliganposted 7 years ago

I tried to do it once and they flagged my article, as they thought it was plagarized even though it was my own article on my own website.  I would rewirte it a little and check it on copyscape.com and make sure it doesn't show up anywhere and then publish it.

4. profile image57
    bjphillposted 7 years ago

I didn't see any rules against it. You are the author, you own the rights to what you published on your blog, so you should be ok publishing on hubpages.

5. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

Technically you can but it is discouraged and you will be penalized  for duplicate content even if it is your own.   Here is the rule:

Your Hub's content has been detected on another site and has incurred a HubScore penalty as a result. You are allowed to post content on HubPages that is also published elsewhere, like your own site or blog—but you cannot place any promotional links on that Hub.  Only you can see the alert message at the top of your Hub. A pattern of publishing duplicate content will negatively affect your HubScore, as we prefer to reward authors who publish content unique to our HubPages. It does not matter whether or not you are the original author of this content.

6. ryancarter profile image60
    ryancarterposted 7 years ago

You should just write a related Hub, and link to the already written stuff. I've never used duplicate content here, I think it will just have a negative effect.

working