Facebook, Reddit, Tagfoot, and Twitter?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (36 posts)
  1. karpouzian profile image60
    karpouzianposted 14 years ago

Any other good, quick, and easy places to get some ok backlinks and maybe a 'bit of traffic?

1. Drew Breezzy profile image62
      Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

reddit works best for me besides search engines

2. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Tagfoot? Whats that?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Check it out , it wont bite lol

Did ya try it yet ?

2. karpouzian profile image60
      karpouzianposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One of these Social Networking sites that lets you use adsense after you're cool.

lol im not too cool with adsense these days lol

then again ,maybe they are pissy at me..yikes temperamental bunch these techie people huh!

1. kmackey32 profile image64
          kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ive made almost $8 bucks so far. LOL

1. Pearldiver profile image67
            Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow that SO COOL lol

1. kmackey32 profile image64

Shhhh dont tell anyone. lol

2. kmackey32 profile image64

haha oh ok. sounds interesting. lol

3. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've written about Tagfoot if you want to find out the basics.

3. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

OK...I just want to know from somebody knowledgeable...  If you submit stuff to Reddit, and they vote you down, can that be the cause of a hubscore dropping dramatically?

I know I sound obsessed with the hubscore thing, but I'm kind an over achiever type...

sad

1. SweetiePie profile image82
      SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Being voted down over at reddit should not impact your hubscore.  These go up when a variety of traffic sources are being directed to your hub, but no one know the secret ingredients per se.  Scores fluctuate quite a bit in my experience.

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Sandra..

And Thanks, SP...

Well, you know that there was supposed to be some kind of 'bug' in the system.  Now my score is even getting even lower--to 84 on my profile.  It hasn't been there since I first started.  And this is down from 100 in 3 days.  I'm usually on an average at 95-6 these days.

I'm really freaked...kind of insulted.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't find any connection between being voted down on reddit and losing hub score. Overall everyone is losing hubscore, I wonder why.

3. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope. big_smile

4. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm 99.9999% sure that HP's scoring is completely internal. They wouldn't have any way of getting that data from other sites. It could help lower your score because it may reduce traffic, but it's definitely not directly affecting your Hubscore. (It seems that tons of people's scores have dropped lately)

4. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

You know if you actually blog about your hubs you can actually get solid backlinks.  Also, check out sites such as allvoices.com, where you can write short articles and get backlinks.  Those of us who write for the examiner.com are also getting many great backlinks to our hubs.

thanks SP must check it out .

5. SweetiePie profile image82

Blogging about my hubs has helped to get more quality traffic in my experience.  Actually I would encourage hubbers to be cautious about submitting their hubs to any social bookmarking site because Hubpages has already been banned from mixx.com and stumbleupon.com.  If you do submit to social bookmarking sites mix it up with a few other sites.  Twittering about your hubs or using Facebook are also good options.  Ultimately the search engines are king smile.

1. HealthCare Basics profile image60
      HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you wholeheartedly' that is why I am not writing on HubPages recently and using other avenues.

Actually Hubpages is a great site to write on for traffic reasons, creative reasons, and many others.  I would probably rethink this stance.  What I was referring in the previous post was how people should mix it up with other sites when they social bookmark.  For every hub you submit try to submit a few news articles as well.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image70

Are you sure Hub Pages has been banned on both of those sites? I can still submit my sites there. They must have banned your profile from submitting hubs. If you follow the 10-1 rule, they won't stop you from submitting hubs.

No they have not banned only my profile from submitting hubs on mixx.com and stumbleupon.  Several other people have complained of the same issue.  I fully investigated this months ago.  If I were banned I would not be allowed to submit any sites on mixx.com or stumbleupon.com.  I am talking about mixx.com and stumbleupon by the way, just to clarify.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image70

Yes I have read that before. You don't need to say SU and mixx again and again. Well, what can I say. I am their member for years now so i still have the privilege to submit my hubs there.
          And I am sure if you stop looking spammy, they will let you submit hubs as I can do that from a new profile. BTW they are smart enough to recognize ip addresses.

6. Tyson Ellis profile image39
    Tyson Ellisposted 14 years ago

Link trades with people with similar sites/hubs. Nothing has ever quite propelled my sites like that.

7. SweetiePie profile image82

I am insulted too Lita.  Your score should be higher than that because your hubs and forum contributions are very high quality.  The same thing happens to many others though, so I would say just ignore that number.

8. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Thanks, guys.  I'm thinking it has to be the bug...because the scoring of my hubs is just the same as it was when I reached 100.  It just makes no sense.

Unless I've upset the powers that be with...um...stuff involving forum posts.  ?

9. SweetiePie profile image82

Personally I am not sure why that would lower your score.  I think your forum contributions have been informative and balanced, so it is probably a bug.

1. profile image0

smile  Thanks, SP

I'm being over-sensitive tonight.  Have had an e-mail stalker.

I had one last week.  I just deleted his message because he emailed me regarding a post I made three weeks previously.  Talk about time elapse.

1. profile image0

This one was friendly.....then started to attack. (My favorite kind, lol, sad)  Got extremely personal--called me lots of swear words.  Did make me upset.

...was yours somebody who posts a lot?

He does not post much, but he has a very narrow agenda.  I did not even bother responding to his email because the comment was way too rude.

10. cashmere profile image78
    cashmereposted 14 years ago

Want to know something ironic? I've had a personal score in the 90s since the week i joined hubpages. Now for the first time a site of mine (http://hubpages.com/hub/Making-Money-on-these-Websites)hits a hubscore of 100 and I'm at 88!
    So just chill out about the number game and keep writing good stuff.

11. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

I'm not having a problem with StumbleUpon either.
    Not a lot of traffic from them, but they take the Hubs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)