7 days - $6.69

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Migodden profile image71
    Migoddenposted 14 years ago

Today marks my 7th day of hubbing with google adsense and as of now I have accumulated a massive $6.69. Offcourse this is by no means a great amount, especially when compared to what some people here say they can earn. But this amount was a result of carefully analyzing your feedback on my hubs then making better and more interactive hubs to get those oh so sweet clicks. My work here so far is by no means note worthy, I am a mere speck in the hubpages comunity, my most popular hub getting 300 some views.
    Which is why I would like the experienced hubbers to spare me some valueable tips, How can I achieve greater revenue? How can I improve traffic? and any other words of advice would be well welcomed big_smile

1. kmackey32 profile image63
      kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is great. I have only earned 8 bucks in 3 months.

1. livewithrichard profile image74
        livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are some things you can do too to try and improve your earnings.  Start first by selecting titles that you would search for.  Like on your back to school clothes, maybe redo the title as "School Clothes and School Supplies - How to save money on back to school clothes and supplies.

It may sound a bit strange but it has the keywords people are searching for.

Ok I will change that right now. THANK YU

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you are doing pretty well.  It can only get better with time.  I didn't get a cent for about a year. big_smile

1. mommyfreelancer profile image75
        mommyfreelancerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really? No???? I admire your persistence, then, and it just tells me to be more patient. I do well writing content for buyers but would like to...diversify smile
        I will think about you everytime I am having doubts on whether  I should stick to hubbing rather than spend all my time writing for buyers. smile

2. livewithrichard profile image74
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

First, earning what you did in your first week here is great.  There are some that don't make that in their first month, so good job.

Second, I just took a quick look at one of your hubs, the solar system hub and you have real good content, however, when you have hubs that have more than 2 text modules, try not to place a picture module first.  The best adsense target will be washed away if that spot is taken.

Try something like this:

Text
    Text Picture
    Text Amazon(or whatever)
    Text
    Comments
    RSS Picture(add the hubchallenge picture if you join)

Try to always include an RSS feed so your page changes dynamically.

Third, try using more tags and your keywords in your title.  You can always go and change your hub titles to optimize them but you can not change the url.  Try to double punch your keywords in your title ie.. The Solar System - A guided tour of the Earth's solar system

Keep up the good work and welcome to HP

Great job, Midgodden. I am nowhere near your earnings, but I'm not losing hope smile

Livewithrichard, how do I include RSS picture? I always add the hubchallenge as one of the usual image capsules. Thanks.

Go here http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/17849 and copy the picture you want and save it in a file on your computer and just add it to a picture module next to your rss feed.  You can check out any of my latest hubs and see how I do my layout, you may want to put yours somewhere else but I always put my hubchallenge rss feed and pic at the very end of my hub after the comments.

I guess im confused about the RSS feed. It asks for a URL. What URL do I use?

http://hubpages.com/tag/hubchallenge/latest?rss

Thst is the rss feed url for the hubchallenge

Oh ok thanks a bunch. smile I just put that rss feed at the end of all my hub challenge hubs?

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago
    1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol!
      You have made sure every single soul on forums see this thread. big_smile

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is the TRUE gospel.  It should be universally read and accepted.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
          Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then I'll make sure every one who ever came into this world should read it at least once in a lifetime. Although reading thrice a day is necessary. big_smile

2. mommyfreelancer profile image75

I hear you... thanks, all, for pointing me in the right direction. smile

HAH! Turns out I've already read that post and had a good laugh about it. Then I go and thank you all for pointing me in the right direction. LOL! smile

2. kmackey32 profile image63

OMG I am such a blond. Every time you post that I click the link. I have read it A LOT. lol

3. White Teeth profile image60
      White Teethposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Epic fail...no monetization...should have made hub...THEN you would be a MILLIONAIRE...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)