jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Does any hubber have a good method of keeping up with replying to comments on th

1. diogenes profile image71
    diogenesposted 7 years ago

Does any hubber have a good method of keeping up with replying to comments on their hubs?  Now I...

have 200, plus, I keep missing comments and it's so rude.  Bob

2. beebong profile image66
    beebongposted 7 years ago

Keep a lot of answers in Notebook for each Hub category-copy-paste-modify. Otherwise a voice recognition system developed by Dragon Software for smartphones might be a better solution. Their package was being offered for free a couple of weeks ago. Try it and let me know....good luck.

3. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

I just joined so I can't speak from experience but it seems you can either work very hard to reply to all of them or you can choose the ones that you wish to reply to. Do you get 200 comments daily or it is simply a backlog that has built up over time? In the latter case, I suggest taking the time to reply to all of them and after that, make sure you keep up with the comments.

4. profile image0
    PWalker281posted 7 years ago

Perhaps you could take some time off from writing (which you seem to do a lot of -- good for you!) and spend it responding to comments. Once you've caught up, you can go back to writing. When your comments start to pile up again, take some more time off to respond to them.

You could also set aside a day or two each week, or so many hours per week, to devote to your comments.

Hope this helps.

5. justom profile image70
    justomposted 7 years ago

I get sent an e-mail when someone comments and just click on that to read and answer and if I don't have the time I just save the e-mail. Doesn't seem like a very hard thing to keep track of and it's sure rude not to pay attention to those who take the time to read your stuff.

6. gulnazahmad profile image63
    gulnazahmadposted 7 years ago

I use to get bore at times of writing at that time I prefer to reply comments, write comments on other hubs or answer some questions.

7. Phyllis Doyle profile image97
    Phyllis Doyleposted 7 years ago

My method for keeping up with replies to comments is by checking my personal email several times a day.  I can do this because I am retired and am at home all day almost every day.  As soon as I get a notice that I have a new comment, I sign in to my HubPages account and read the comment then reply to it.
    This works well for me.  The key is to check often.  I feel that if another hubber takes the time to send me a comment, that means they also took the time to read my hub -- to acknowledge this and thank them for doing this is very important to me.

8. Chris Crow profile image60
    Chris Crowposted 7 years ago

I usually just answer them as they come in to the best of my ability.  Think of it as an opportunity to not only help people with their questions or concerns but as an opportunity to make your hubs more valuable.  The more comments you have and that you respond to, the more indexable material there is for search engines to see.  Always answer your comments, it's helpful to others and yourself as you try to build up your authority on hubpages.

9. medor profile image64
    medorposted 7 years ago

I first click to their hubpage and check them out, then if I like what I see, I follow them for a while...I often e mail back with a Thank you and lots of folks will begin readying my hubs and follow me...