jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can I Write a Chaptered Story on HubPages?

1. Marcus Teague profile image58
    Marcus Teagueposted 7 years ago

Can I Write a Chaptered Story on HubPages?

In short: could I write out each chapter in it's own hub?

2. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 7 years ago

Hi Marcus,
    You can absolutely write a chaptered story on HubPages.  On the right of your Hub in edit mode, there is a section called grouping.  You can group your Hubs together by chapter, so that there will be an arrow at the bottom of your first Hub/chapter that will lead to the next one.  You could also create a link at the bottom of your Hub that leads to your next Hub/chapter. 

If you want to rearrange the groups, i.e., you don't write your chapters in order and they need to be rearranged, you can go to your account page and click on "Groups".  Simply drag and drop your Hubs in the order that you would like them grouped and click "save changes."
    Good luck!

3. Marcus Teague profile image58
    Marcus Teagueposted 7 years ago

That... is the coolest thing. Thanks Robin.

4. giwrgos12 profile image55
    giwrgos12posted 7 years ago

Yes you can write everything you want to share with us! But hub-pages like uniqueness, keep in mind.

5. profile image0
    hubpageswriterposted 7 years ago

Yes a lot of hubbers do that and their stories are very interesting to say the least.

6. humagaia profile image56
    humagaiaposted 7 years ago

Agree with Robin and would add that your could create RSS /latest/ feeds that you could add at the bottom of your hub chapters.
    This could have a number of advantages:
    1. each time a new hub is created, all hubs will be updated with the latest chapter.
    2. you can manipulate the RSS feeds with tags and thereby order the chapters if you are not producing them in order.
    3. the RSS feeds can be added to RSS feed sites and thereby push your chapters to a wider audience than just hubpages.

Be aware that your story is not likely to obtain a great readership and that it will be difficult to monetise. That is unless you undertake an inordinate amount of promotion.

You might be better creating an e-Book and publishing yourself.

If the RSS feed idea is of interest then you can find details on how to achieve this from my RSS hubs or those that have been produced by a number of good hubbers.