jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Do you think Kontera ad placement worth for hubs?

1. finsofts profile image40
    finsoftsposted 8 years ago

The inline text ads by kontera is good or bad? and is it worth placing on hubpages? is any one earning more from it?

2. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 8 years ago

I think that hubs designed for Kontera work with Kontera.

3. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 8 years ago

I choose not to add them because if you don't make a certain amount they keep the money...

1. Kmadhav profile image57
      Kmadhavposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I also choose deactive this feature.

4. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 8 years ago

I read somewhere a good rule of thumb is to not enable it until you have around 10,000 views a day. Then, you can make profit with it. If you don't earn at least $5 a month, they actually roll your balance back to $0.00 each month.

Personally, I found once I deactivated it, I began to earn more with adsense. This is because Adsense typically pays more than Kontera for each click.

Unless you have a couple hundred hubs and have tons of traffic, I don't think anyone will advise you to use Kontera, at least at this stage. smile

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yep I agree you need volume, and yes when I took it off I got more adsense revenue.

2. relache profile image90
      relacheposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I don't get 10,000 views a day and I find the earnings worthwhile.   I don't recommend it for folks who don't get about 100,000 or more pageviews per month however. And my AdSense earnings have doubled since last summer when Kontera was first introduced, so I don't think they hurt those earnings. 

And BTW, if you try Kontera ads and then turn them off without giving them 30 days notice, you violate their TOS.

1. earnestshub profile image88
        earnestshubposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I did not know that! I guess I violated their TOS!

5. finsofts profile image40
    finsoftsposted 8 years ago

Thanks a lot for each of your comments and this will help most people out there thank you

6. bgpappa profile image82
    bgpappaposted 8 years ago

I had Kontera for a while.  Hated the way the way they made the hubs looked at was earning little.  Felt it wasn't worth the hassle.

working