jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

is my girlfriend lying to me

1. profile image46
    greatestthingposted 7 years ago

is my girlfriend lying to me

about not being with other men while she is with me.

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

If you don't know, how on Earth do you expect us to know.
    Do females lie, yes, just as much as men, there is no real way of knowing other that trustworthy reports or actually catching her, otherwise, you just have to take her at her word in the same way that she accepts, or not, your word.

3. Jaymeyaroch profile image62
    Jaymeyarochposted 7 years ago

If you have to ask, odds are she is.

The best way to tell is to ask her.  If she seems angry in a subdued, I-am-trying-to-be-reasonable way, she's telling the truth.

If she gets angry in an outburst of emotion, this is overcompensation for lies, and she is hiding something.  Beware as what she is hiding may not be what you think.  If you ask her about a lie over the cost of her shoes, and she flips out, she might be lying to you about money, stress, or something even more important.

It is irrelevant that she lied, and more important to stay calm and find out why she lies to you, especially if you would like to prevent if from occurring in the future.

4. profile image48
    Leo Fire Horseposted 6 years ago

If you have been decieved in relationship before, you must ask yourself deeply if you are dwelling in a fear. However, deep down you know the answer in your gut instincts. We can tell in deep and unconscious levels the truth. We must caution not to let day to day anxieties, and build up from the past to cloud our perceptions. Also be careful not to accuse. The anxiety a person can feel when accused can resemble dishonesty but is only an awkward reaction to an unreasonable situation. Accusing is not a fair way to resolve things. You must also consider that if you cannot trust the one you are with then the responsibility to that rests as much with you as with her.

working