jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is more important truth or happiness?

1. boweman40 profile image57
    boweman40posted 7 years ago

What is more important truth or happiness?

2. Jaymeyaroch profile image60
    Jaymeyarochposted 7 years ago

Truth and happiness are both concepts that rely heavily on perspective.

In my personal perspective the truth is happiness.  How can you be sad if you know what is going on around you?  Knowing the truth allows you to craft a happiness that lasts.

Lies only lead to failure and despair, and at best, anxiety over their discovery.  When did that make any one happy?

3. boweman40 profile image57
    boweman40posted 7 years ago

If there is no truth how can there be lies? If based on perspective that is...

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

personally i don't think either one is more important then the other. an honest person will tend to be happy most of the time because with honesty you take away the stress of backing up your lies.

5. schoolgirlforreal profile image82
    schoolgirlforrealposted 7 years ago

truth
    because it leads to happiness
    it leads to freedom

6. www.lookseenow profile image60
    www.lookseenowposted 7 years ago

Let God be True

What If some did not express faith, will their lack of faith perhaps make the faithfulness of God without effect?  Never may that happen!  But let God be found true, though every man be found a liar.  (Romans 3:3, 4) If I love the truth, and do not lie, then I am pronounced happy.

God is not like a man that he should tell lies, and when he speaks he will never later regret it.  Was God found to be unreliable, unworthy of faith?  Albeit, the Bible is written by men, their writings were God inspired making scripture the truth to make us free, and freedom leads to happiness, so what’s more important to you?  The answer is obvious, because it is unthinkable to discredit the Bible—to throw it away as being found untrue or as being the work of just ordinary human writers who made mistakes and who lie?

In all realms of human society, Information given to us whether by word of   mouth or in written form is accepted as truthful, but one lie found out later can destroy trust, and mo matter how hard you try, he will always remember the time you betrayed his trust in your credibility.

Lying is detestable to Jehovah therefore truth leads to happiness, because he condemns lying, because his word is truth.  One of the six things that he hates is a false tongue, or lying.  A heart fabricating hurtful schemes would include lying to cover up a vile deed to cause harm to others.  Those are certainly feet that are in a hurry to run to badness, so what happiness can he have? (Proverbs 6:16-19)

7. shogan profile image85
    shoganposted 7 years ago

Aren't they the same thing?  The only difference is in how they're spelled. wink

8. frogtalk profile image70
    frogtalkposted 6 years ago

I believe truth and happiness are inseperable. You can't have one without the other.

9. cjpooja26 profile image62
    cjpooja26posted 5 years ago

I think, both are important but sometimes if you are lying for someones happiness and which is not noxious or painful then happiness is more important in that case and of course truth always gives you happiness.

working