jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)

Digg this!

1. glassvisage profile image84
    glassvisageposted 8 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I am a Digg user, so I would like to ask if it could be possible to Digg a Hub from HubPages. I see that once I publish a new Hub, I have the options of posting news of it on Facebook and Twitter. How about Digg?
    Thanks!

1. dohn121 profile image87
      dohn121posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely.  I do it all of the time.  After you finish publishing your hub, just scroll down on that hub's page and click "share."  The box will then open up and then click "Digg."  Automatically, Digg will recognize you and you'll be able to "Digg" your hub onto your Digg page.

1. Plants and Oils profile image88
        Plants and Oilsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Careful with that, sounds as if you might be spamming Digg. They really don't like that.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image76
          Eaglekiwiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

But I bet they dont mind (All social sites) the traffic the links bring to them as well.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
            Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Eaglekiwi, Digg claims to cherry-pick the best sites.  If everybody promotes their own stuff regardless of its quality, Digg's front page will be full of cr@p and no one will bother going there - they may as well just use Google

I understand the concept , but I seriously think at the end of the day its just another site on the internet.
              You could ask 50 people who they thought was their best/fav site and no doubt they would all come up with quite a selection.

That was my point actually , its all Google, they are holding the bait and hooks primarily.

Sorry but I just see the whole internet as one big flea market ,and it doesnt take a good advertiser long to know where they wanna set up shop. (or not).

We( and other sites) on the other hand profit them ,more than ourselves ,so it just does not impress me much various sites claiming to be one thing or another smile just my opinion

2. Marisa Wright profile image95
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I can't say for sure, but I'd say it's because Digg is supposed to be a place where you "Digg" sites you recommend.  We all know people use it for self-promotion but it's not the intent of the site.

I don't suppose it would go down well with Digg if HubPages was seen to be encouraging Hubbers to self-promote.

3. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 8 years ago

Digg is one of the sites listed in the share button but it's meant for your readers to share not the publishers.

4. david-n profile image61
    david-nposted 8 years ago

I'm not sure that's allowed sad

If that's true, then how would one go about building back links? Wouldn't it make sense to do it that way since everything is basically owned by Google?  Everything is all linked together.

There are plenty of other legitimate ways to build backlinks.

I just did some quick research and now see what your saying.  Thanks for you help.

5. sunforged profile image66
    sunforgedposted 8 years ago

Thank you for this, BTW.  It was very helpful!  I see that you are helpful all together with many of us here. Great job.

6. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 8 years ago

Seems crazy when Google stand to gain ultimately anyway ,oh well what would I know..wink

What does Google stand to gain?  If the site is flooded with crap, that doesn't help anybody.  That's why all these sites try to discourage people who promote their own work, to try to spammers.

C'mon Goggles over-all profit, lol. And if its crap,nobody clicks ,they go somewhere else ,to another Goggle advertising site lol...wink

1. Pearldiver profile image87
          Pearldiverposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Where's our Mandymybeau?  Have you heard? BTW... Hello lol

7. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

I found a site that does let you submit your own hubs.
    It's called SheToldMe.

We were talking about it here:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/20043?page=2#post321148

working