jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When is it acceptable to "help a brotha out" on Hubpages?

1. dosters profile image86
    dostersposted 7 years ago

When is it acceptable to "help a brotha out"  on Hubpages?

Many of the people that I follow on HP I count as friends, if only in the online realm.  So I have 2 questions: 1) Is it ok to click on their ads if you are interested in the product or service?  and 2) Is it EVER acceptable to click on their ads just because you think their writing is good, or you want to give them a lift, or any reason other than you are honest-to-goodness interested in the product or service offered?

2. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 7 years ago

No, it is not. That could get both of you banned from Adsense and probably from HP too.

3. SIJO1 profile image72
    SIJO1posted 7 years ago

Regardless of who has written a page if there is an advert that you are interested in to find out more then why not click it afterall thats what it is there for.

4. slc334 profile image43
    slc334posted 7 years ago

Yeah, I've actually looked into Google's terms of service about this, because I was worried about accidentally clicking an ad.  If you're interested at all I've written a Hub all about how not to get banned from adsense.  Anyway, Google is definitely willing to let some things slide, but if they catch on that this is happening, they will definitely kill your adsense account.  Basically, if you are legitimately interested in an ad, click it, but don't ever do this more than once (if you're interested in two things, find the link yourself).

As far as the "help a brotha out" part is concerned, Pcunix is right, this is a terrible idea, and can easily (for real) get both of you cancelled.  In fact, they advise against letting your family even know about adsense so that this doesn't happen.