Amazon problems?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (40 posts)
  1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years ago

Normally I get Amazon earnings regularly, but for the past for days have had nothing coming in.  Is this just me or is this happening to others.  It's a bit concerning and I am wondering if there is some problem or if sales are just down for some reason.  Would appreciate any input from other hubbers.

1. sallybea profile image94
      sallybeaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No problem, seem to be doing quite nicely.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years agoin reply to this

My views are holding steady, of course cpm is down so the views aren't earning as much--BUT Amazon is doing well, making up for the cpm losses. One thing I have been noticing is that sometimes Amazon is zero, then suddenly in the next day or so there will be several in one day.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

This is the longest I've gone with 0 sales.  Very strange.  Possibly it's because of all the bad weather or the uncertainty about government issues, after all, I write about a luxury lifestyle to a certain extent.  Guess I've been spoiled lol!

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

Update:  Earnings finally kicked in today.  It's about time!

2. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

I'm not seeing a problem. I've been getting Amazon sales the last few days.

Thanks, Glenn.  This is perplexing because, as I said, I am used to seeing sales, but suddenly nothing for four days.  The last time, other people were having similar problems, so I wanted to check.  The irony is that my views are back up, so sales should be coming in.  Maybe it's all the bad weather !

3. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

I'm getting Amazon earnings. Nothing spectacular, but only had three no-sale days and one horrible refund sad for the month so far.

1. Solaras profile image95
      Solarasposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I had two horrible refunds this month.  People are retarded.

1. theraggededge profile image96
        theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Do you get that awful sinking feeling when you see the dreaded minus sign?

Yes. A negative for the entire day is so discouraging. I can never get that day back, lol.

4. Sam Montana profile image81
    Sam Montanaposted 6 years ago

I just noticed Amazon editors have taken out many of my Amazon ads, not wonder revenue is down. And the Amazon ads I had were all books I referenced in the article and that I have read and used for many years.

Put them back, if they sold products.

5. whcobb profile image83
    whcobbposted 6 years ago

The only thing I have noticed is that a lot of my Amazon links are getting snipped during the "quality control" and editing process. Every single thing was pertinent to the hubs as well. I emailed hubpages about it and after 3 days they said I could put the Amazon links back in. It's really frustrating

1. Sam Montana profile image81
      Sam Montanaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it is very frustrating. Many of the relevant amazon ads that were snipped out were some of my best sellers. And putting them back in takes time. And time is money.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sam, let me ask you something. Did you put text WITHIN the Amazon capsule explaining that you had read those books yourself and the reason why you are recommending them? If you just referenced it from elsewhere in you hub it will most likely get snipped because the capsule itself looks spammy without your own content within it.

No I did not. The mentioned products were fully described in the article, as to how I used the book and or product. Wouldn't it be rather redundant to also put that in the Amazon capsule. In the article right next to the ad. I was very careful so the reader of the article would know exactly what I was talking about.

And I just noticed my score has dropped from 89 to 62. Not happy here.

So I should cut part of the article and put that part of the article into the Amazon capsule?

I’m not saying to be redundant. I’m saying to put the text about the product right there within the capsule. That’s how most people on HubPages have been successful with Amazon ads. And Google can relate it better too.

As for your score, there’s no certainly, but I’ve noticed you’re not keeping up with the latest HubPages standards. You have no bio and you’re using a lot of right floating capsules. Floating capsules will soon be automatically centered and most likely appear in the wrong place if you don’t fix it yourself for mobile viewers.

The warning about mobile friendliness was announced two years ago to give everyone lots of time to fix all their hubs. See my tutorial hub about it if you help. This month is the deadline.

EDIT: And listen to Marisa, above. She made it very clear what you need to say, in addition to putting it in the Amazon capsule.

I had a bio and I am not sure what happened. What is a right floating capsule. Can you please explain on one of my articles where I am wrong with capsules. Thank you,

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
                DrMark1961posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sam, I just took a look at your GMO article since it is on the top. (What happened to your barking article?)
                1. Bio--there is none. You can use one bio for several articles, but it should be related to that article in some way. Tell me about why Sam knows anything about GMO foods in the bio, and why I should even bother reading this article.
                2. Right floated capsule: Look at the photo of the corn growing in the organic garden about half way down. That is a right floated capsule. All you need to do is go into edit and make that capsule appear above the text capsule. If you find any photos like that, fix them.
                3. Amazon capsule: You suggest I buy a book but in the Amazon capsule do not tell me why. All you have to say is "I liked this because it told me..." or whatever. It needs to be a personal recommendation. If you just put a book in there, it is going to be snipped by HP.

IF you go in and fix those right floated capsules and add bios your hubber score is probably going to go up. If it does not, do not worry about it. Focus on getting more traffic. If you are writing these articles to help people, and no one ever sees them, what good are they?

Thank you Dr Mark. I went in and made the suggested changes to the GMO article. Would you mind taking a look at it and see if I did it all right.

I am curious, what do you mean, "what happened to your barking article?"

Your barking article is no longer featured. For that matter, only 7 out of your 14 hubs are featured. There is still a lot of work you need to do. Follow my advice in my hubs: “12 Overlooked Hub-Writing Techniques You Need to Use” and “21 Hub-Writing Success Strategies” that you can find in my profile page.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Make sure you've complied with the NEW rules for Amazon products.  They must be related to the MAIN topic of the article and you must include a personal recommendation stating why you've chosen that particular product.  You need to make it sound as though you've owned or at least tried the product.

For instance, you need to say "I really like this because..." not "this product is ideally suited to .....

Thanks Marisa, I thought I had done done that on these certain articles. I will go and look again and work on them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)