I think I have a grasp of the process. I made a set of directions

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Falsor Wing profile image60
    Falsor Wingposted 13 years ago

A: I want money B: get paid for clicks. C: On average 1 click for every 100 unique page views. Therefore more page views=more money. Therefore I want as many unique page views as possible.

Use this process to create Hubs with high traffic:

1.Write article
       a.Write article on something that people will want to read and might make readers end up buying something.
       b.Google doesn’t like bad grammar and spelling
       c.use keywords in the article in such a manner that people don’t notice anything odd
          i.one in the beginning of the first paragraph then more spread out through the rest of the article. (I heard 3-5% of the total article from someone…)

2.Post Article
       a.make title and url the same and contain keywords

3.Google adwords keywords tool.
       a. Select keywords that are searched frequently enough but aren’t too competitive.(Yoshi suggested 300 to 5,000 searches a month as a floor and a ceiling)
       b.Use keyword phrases with 3+ words
       c.“shotgun” in addition to crap-load of relevant competitive keywords and misspellings suggested by adwords include some of your own that seem like they would also fit.

4.Create backlinks
       a.social networking
          i.post link to article on every social networking site known to man.
       b.blog warrior/get links posted on relevant blogs and websites run by others (internet street cred)

5.Make sure to have relevant outbound links from article
    6.Wait

Did I cover everything?

Falsor Wingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I compiled this from the orgy of information on the HubPages. I'm unsure how to cite the contributors.

2. Fiction Teller profile image60
      Fiction Tellerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great job!  Here's my two cents:

1) In many niches, earnings aren't directly proportional to unique page views.  They're a factor, but not the biggest factor.  It honestly depends.

2) Backlinking is its own art form.  I don't do it.  I don't think it's necessary for long-term earnings, and it's a lot of fuss, and it could be wasted effort or even backfire if the backlinks are perceived by Google to be too spammy.  I think there's an advantage to letting your backlinks occur organically, but many differ on this point.  I'd say a good rule of thumb is that if an article isn't performing well after a few months, consider devoting the time to creating quality and long-standing backlinks to prop it up.   One way to get organic backlinks is to...

3) Include something or somethings in the article that cannot be found elsewhere - value added that others don't add.  Something useful.  A reason to return. A  reason to stay on the page and read.  A reason to click on an internal link to another of your articles.  I can't emphasize enough how important this is to long-term earnings, and not just insofar as it gains you quality backlinks.

4) A major part of keyword selection when you're starting out is choosing keywords with low search engine results competition.  As you get a handle on things and all your internally linking pages' rankings in the search engines improve, you can rank for pages with more competition.

5) Take the extra time to fiddle with capsules and break up text so that ads fall in optimal positions.  This can drastically affect earnings.

6) After about 4-6 months, check to see if your non-performing articles can be tweaked to earn more.  Tweaking can mean changing keywords, adding content, making content up-to-date, changing layout, etc.

You're really on the right track here...good luck.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I would add write "an article people will be interested in reading."

that too. most of my current hubs don't fit all of these criteria.

3. west40 profile image60
    west40posted 13 years ago

Wow - helpful information with a lot of research in this post.  thanks

4. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

Great outline, Falsor Wing smile I suggest  turning it into a Hub also big_smile great for Newbies.

5. MyWebs profile image79
    MyWebsposted 13 years ago

Yes you seem to have covered all the key areas. Well done Falsor Wing.

Yay I dun good.

6. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 13 years ago

Yup, you done did good..

I'll add my two cents in here as well.  You basically covered everything pretty well, still, it's a very simplified overview.

When you write, write.  And then once you've got it all down, go back and edit it.  Re-read it to make sure that it's written in clear language, and keeps people interested.  I mean, hell, people visit this site because they want to read interesting, entertaining articles, right? 

But, you got that already..

After you're done writing, then you do need to do some marketing.  This is a process that is ongoing.  For example, I mainly write about Oklahoma, because that's what I know.  I tend to write either about historical aspects, or about unusual places.  This is called "niche marketing."  There's not a lot of information about these places out there, and it's stuff that people want to read about, so it's a perfect fit.  I get top rankings on Google, and usually have a pretty decent click through/impression ratio.  Doing research on keywords and backlinking helps a lot - keywords make you money, backlinking gets you noticed.

To the point, when writing, find something that you enjoy writing about that is going to fill a void.  Broad articles get noticed, but rarely.  Focused articles get noticed quite a bit, but only by a select few.  The key is to find a market gap somewhere in between - and that's where you'll find the monkey.

er.. money.

Anyway, it sounds like you got it all sorted out.  Keep plugging away.. You'll be fine!

7. DanPowers profile image47
    DanPowersposted 13 years ago

Make sure you link all your hubs together!

It's a good idea to write a few hubs in the same niche, then you can use the "Groups" feature.

Oh, and pictures of celebs get a lot of traffic, but you don't make any money from clicks!

8. Peter Hoggan profile image68
    Peter Hogganposted 13 years ago

Well done Falsor Wing, a great post that will be a valuable resource to newbies, I agree with the others and encourage you to write a hub on the topic.

I did actually. I made a thread about it too, curious that this thread continues to get responses but it does not.

9. mythbuster profile image73
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

Great checklist/info Falsor Wing. At least, I'm going to use the information you've provided as a checklist!

10. 2uesday profile image64
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

You are doing well - your Hubberscore is 95 after four weeks and you are have 24 hubs in that time.

Try to enjoy writing the hubs now you have worked out a 'formula' that helps. Some of my most random hubs have faired better than the ones I have tried to follow guidelines on. Luck and time comes into it too.

If you have Google Analytics set up you can see where the traffic and clicks are coming from. But even in Google Adsense you can view it to see which hubs are earning. Wishing you good luck for your Hubs - you have earned it by doing the research.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)