jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

how is it that there are so many kids asking questions on here?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

how is it that there are so many kids asking questions on here?

i thought hub pages was for people 18 or over. has it changed and if so does it give you the urge to quit coming on here?

2. Masata profile image77
    Masataposted 7 years ago

I haven't seen any changes nor did I get any questions from kids. I am sorry I really don't know what you are talking about with that whole kids thing. Nothing will get me to leave hubpages.

3. profile image0
    JASON NICHOLSposted 7 years ago

Hey man you are right!! I have seen many hubbers here who are under 18 and are hubbing right here. This dosen't stop me from comming here because i like to write articles, hubb, and the best thing to have and be with such best friends like you nightwork4. No rules have changed. It's only that nobody cares for this thing.

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

Masata. you haven't seen any questions asked by kids? what? i just read a question that went something like " i'm 11 years old and i like a 12 year old girl, help a brother out, what should i do"
    how have you missed these questions?

5. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

It hasn't changed, and some kids (or grown-ups who come across like kids) are on here.  I don't mind.   If I were to quit using HubPages, or quit looking at the questions/answers once in awhile, the reason would have nothing to do with any kids that post.

Sometimes smart, serious, kids will post on this site without posting their real age or by writing under an adult's account.  Nobody would know a kid posted the stuff because the kid is smart and serious and writes well.  Some stuff that looks like kids posted it is posted by adults who are either otherwise mature and just being goofy, or else adults who aren't the brightest bulbs in the batch.  Either way, I didn't sign on to write here because I was thought I'd be writing for The New England Journal of Medicine.

It's the Internet, and HubPages has all kinds of people as members.  Overall, it's a nice site, so I don't mind some kid stuff showing up.  In fact, I've been known to join in occasionally.  If the site were so over-run with foolishness search engine traffic were no longer sent to it then that would be a problem.  For now, I think there's a whole lot less "kid stuff" going on here than on a lot of other similar sites,  I can see someone getting fed up enough with the whole Internet-writing thing to stop writing online altogether, but as far as this, one, site goes; I don't the kid issue as being a huge problem for me, personally.

working