jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (17 posts)

Words!!!!

1. goodfriendiam profile image55
    goodfriendiamposted 8 years ago

You know I was just wondering, how has words effected you through out your life? In a good way or bad way. I know for me "bad" words they have cut very deep into my deepest part of me. And I know "good" words have done nothing but lift me up and cause healing in the wounds that where all ready there. I mean some words are real bad, when they come with a scary say parent staring down at you with a look that could scare even the bravest of animals away. And then I can remember when some has just smiled and said hi. That really lifted my spirits up. So how about you and words?

1. Luciendasky profile image71
      Luciendaskyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think for me the tone of the words mean the most to me. Good tones make me feel better and harsh tones really frustrate me. I have been told "I love you" by people who don't mean it and that can almost be as awkward as if they said, "I hate you."

goodfriendiamposted 8 years agoin reply to this

So then you are saying I think, that they are not getting nothing past you. Is this right? You can't fool, a fool more or less.

1. profile image51
          CabinGirlposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yeah similar to you can't kid a kidder, I like it !

1. Luciendasky profile image71
            Luciendaskyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

yeah... something like that. Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't enjoy hearing "I hate you" in a positive tone either wink

I can't image hearing someone say  "I hate you" in a positive way. It can't be done, can it?

1. profile image51

I think it could be done, say in a relationship during a massive fight, then one bursts out laughing and screams " I hate you " just as they hug and make up. Oh the romantic side of the Captain, my poor Dad god rest his soul was right, I do have a feminine side smile

That is deff not a bad thing CG I think I have a little masculinity in me. Oh and that making up part sounds like so much big_smile

1. profile image51

You sound like fun, I wish you were on our ship as I could do with a friend like you. I love your new Avatar, makes you look sexy and please excuse me, I kind of think you are pretty, I am blushing !

2. goodfriendiam profile image55

Yep,  I heard it somewhere before, just can;t remember where.......lol

2. dashwood profile image57
      dashwoodposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I read an intriguing book a few months ago called "The Sectet Messages in Water" - and experiments were done with words that were taped to a glass of water and then frozen overnight.  Empowering loving words always without exception produced the most beautiful water crystals in the ice, every single time.  However, negative words never produced fully formed crystals, they were always distorted.  Hundreds of experiments proved this.  Soooooo, for me I always use positive language even in 'challenging' situations or when interacting and solving problems.  Words are phenomenally powerful to give and receive.

1. profile image51

I like that idea, I really do !

2. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 8 years ago

Same as a knife. In the hands of a surgeon it's one thing - in the hands of a thug, another.

Ya it's one thing to have a surgeon cut in to ya. At least they put ya to sleep.....lol

3. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 8 years ago

Wrong character you fool, didn't you listen to the good hubbers, it is hard being 2 people or is it ???

working