jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is your main purpose of using HubPages? What would be considered that the m

1. eBuddy profile image73
    eBuddyposted 7 years ago

What is your main purpose of using HubPages? What would be considered that the main purpose...

HubPages is supposed to be used for?

2. SheriSapp profile image61
    SheriSappposted 7 years ago

I still don't know how I stumbled upon this website back in the fall of '09. I was looking for an outlet for the rage I was feeling regarding how our federal government was ingoring the will of the citizens. I found a great place here, and I realize that I am not alone in my anger and disgust about the Obumma administration.

3. Shelvajay profile image59
    Shelvajayposted 7 years ago

I initially came here to research topics.  I first started writing on HubPages as a way to vent regarding a disappointment.  Now I am writing just to muse on my life's observations, and to read and share information.  It's a beautiful thing!  I love this spot!

I think the main purpose of HubPages is for people to write, for people to read, and for people to share.

4. profile image57
    rieomposted 7 years ago

I wanted to write on topics that interest me.  Even though I have been writing for years, I have never got involved with SEO.  Now I am interested and learning that skill which I can apply to my HubPages.  I also like the community of people here who are terrific at helping and teaching us new hubbers.

5. plcarpe profile image80
    plcarpeposted 7 years ago

I too, "stumbled" on hubpages, but found it when I was looking for a way to make money, and lots of it, by writing. I write HUGE amounts of material, know a lot of things, but felt I had no one to share my information with, and that I was wasting my talents.

I was also looking for a self-renewing source of income.

But I also have dreams for what our world could be like. Here, I get to combine all my passions in one place. And I have received help quickly, in an organized manner, so I can keep track of all the projects I am doing. Unlike my personal website, which I was planning to use to devote the profits to alleviate world suffering, I have read that hugpages had something like 6 million visitors here.

I also realized hubpages had unlimited potential. For example, if enough people use hubpages, and make their purchases from within hubpages when buying something on line, they could, together, create an economy that helps each person and helps one another, and it is dictated not by the government, but by how much effort you put into your articles and your community.

So I'd say I love this concept of free enterprise. I do not believe the government can fix all our problems. In fact, I think that's part of what is wrong with the government. They are trying to cope with non-community.

I see other uses for hubpages, too. For example, say you have no money, and you wanted to trade services with someone. by promoting other people (such as people in your physical community), you would also be promoting yourself and others within the website, so you could actually write articles on local businesses and such, and carry hubpages out into the physical world.

So, endless possibilities here. I have been looking for something like this for years.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Hubpages is a business.  You can look at Google as an employer, and you and I are contract laborers.  It's only a matter of how much work we are willing to do.  As in any labor field, the most clever and productive workers will rise to the top.

Now, does that mean that other laborers aren't doing "good" work?  No, of course not.  Does that mean that we all can't enjoy our work?  No, in fact, if a worker doesn't enjoy his job, he should find other work.

7. Wendy Krick profile image71
    Wendy Krickposted 7 years ago

I am here to write and earn money. I found it 3 years ago when I was looking for a site like Squidoo. I love writing at Hubpages and Wesman Todd Shaw that this is a business. And if you do the work, you will make money. I'm earning a very nice part time income here.smile

8. ladyjojo profile image62
    ladyjojoposted 7 years ago

When i first saw hubpages i saw that they said you can make money for your writing i joined with the hope of making some.

So far i haven't made 1 penny maybe because i don't know how to set it up.

Anyhow my main drive is to bless some heart/soul and uplift someone who has fall down along the way. I have written 63 hubs at present in three months and will continue to write as long as God spare my life ....... money or no money it doesn't matter. My readers are more important smile

and great question

9. Beege215e profile image68
    Beege215eposted 7 years ago

My main reason is communication. I like to read and sometimes I like to write. I like the comments sections which promote furtherance of ideas. I like the forum discussions, I like that I can ask questions and get answers from other writers that are smarter than myself. I like that I can help others find answers to their questions.  I can see others work, some of it really great work, some of it not so great, some poetic, some visual.  The topics are so broad as to cover huge amounts of work on every subject imaginable.   Yes, I have ads on my hubs, but no I don't make money yet because that is not my point of focus.  I have fun on Hubpages, and I learn something every day.